Synology NAS with USB external disk problem
Jan 8, 2023 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Forgisound

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Synology DS261j NAS. It is connected via network to DAC Gustard R26 which has an internal streamer.
A 3 TB USB drive is connected to the NAS.
I play through MinimServer which is installed on the NAS, controlled with BubbleUPNP mobile app.
However, MinimServer does not see the external USB drive. It only sees disks on the NAS. Is there any way to set the MinimServer to see the USB drive?
The disk is visible in the Synology file manager application, and Roon can see it on another computer, as well as on the network.

Second question: The sound is great. However, DSD files and PCM HiRes interrupt a lot. I guess the CPU in the NAS is too weak.
Which Synology NAS would be powerful enough to play DSD and PCM HiRes files?

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Bro, why use MinimServer when BubbleUPnP could access directly your NAS (I access it thu WebDAV)? I think its (MinimServer) is just another overhead.
To stream to my DAC, I use only BubbleUPnP and no other multimedia app in my Synology NAS. I have a DS720+.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 7
Bro, why use MinimServer when BubbleUPnP could access directly your NAS (I access it thu WebDAV)? I think its (MinimServer) is just another overhead.
To stream to my DAC, I use only BubbleUPnP and no other multimedia app in my Synology NAS. I have a DS720+.
I also have an app from Synology. It sounds worse than MinimServer, it can't search well and it doesn't see the external USB drive.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 7
No streaming interruptions with that app?

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #5 of 7
Nope but I use it occassionaly, I use Roon mostly.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 7
Jan 9, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 7
Yup it has a faster processor. But worth to try doing away with the minimserver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back