"Surround" Sound for PS3
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DKits

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm completely new and clueless to the world of audiophiles and supreme audio equipment and such, but I want to get a good set-up going for my PS3. So I've been looking at headphones that are generally used with PCs and such and I don't know where I'm going with that. What I do want is decent high quality sound with the virtual surround sound support. I'm doing research into what headphones to get but for now I'll go asking about the mixamp.

From what I've read, you need a mixamp, such as an Astro Mixamp to produce virtual surround sound to the headphones, right? Because there aren't headphones that do that on their own. I mean are there companies out there that make mixamps that can produce 7.1 virtual surround but don't specifically advertise towards gaming? I'm assuming not, because what other needs would you need surround sound besides for movies/games. Would you guys 'n' gals recommend the Astro for this? I've heard pretty decent things spoken about it, but maybe that's just people's limited experiences with high-end audio equipment talking and my very limited experiences letting the interpreting happen!. So what do you ya'll think? Maybe point me in some other direction if needed be..

Thanks a lot! Sorry for the book of a question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back