Suggestions to ALO Thread
Jul 18, 2007 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Gautama

1000+ Head-Fier
Similar to the HR thread, this thread is to tell the folks at ALO what we the the consumer would like to see them bring to the field.

Please adhere to the rules of the subforum.

My suggestions:

1. I know, this is borderline break one of the rules of the subforum which I said not to break just above, but heres what I'd like to see. Many of us on Head-Fi are cable skeptics, how can a cable make THAT much of a difference? Although I am not one of these people, there are undoubtedly a lot of them-and as skeptics, it is highly unlikely they will shell out the dough for an ALO cable just to see. So it is my suggestion that you offer a low-end line, focused on bang for the buck. This way, nonbelievers and cheap-o's can hear the difference themselves, and as upgraditis hits they will hopefully move up the ALO cable chain.

2. I see that ALO is big on the Ipod dock market, but where are the docks for the ZVM and Zune (does zune have line out via dock??)?

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 12
Gautama,

Are you kidding? Thanks for the post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Similar to the HR thread, this thread is to tell the folks at ALO what we the the consumer would like to see them bring to the field.

Please adhere to the rules of the subforum.

My suggestions:

1. I know, this is borderline break one of the rules of the subforum which I said not to break just above, but heres what I'd like to see. Many of us on Head-Fi are cable skeptics, how can a cable make THAT much of a difference? Although I am not one of these people, there are undoubtedly a lot of them-and as skeptics, it is highly unlikely they will shell out the dough for an ALO cable just to see. So it is my suggestion that you offer a low-end line, focused on bang for the buck. This way, nonbelievers and cheap-o's can hear the difference themselves, and as upgraditis hits they will hopefully move up the ALO cable chain.

Good point, but I am not motivated to make or design products to deal with skeptics. Moreover, because I am a very small operation I can not really fit in what your calling a "low line" product. Its not a good business model for me, besides I am all about making the best sounding cable I can make using the best material I can find. There are much larger companies that are going to kill me on making mid-fi stuff.

Quote:

2. I see that ALO is big on the Ipod dock market, but where are the docks for the ZVM and Zune (does zune have line out via dock??)?

again I am pretty busy and full up with a ipod cable and and other home IC's, I am hoping to get to other players in the future though.

I believe the Zune has its line out signal locked unless you use a bunch of MS items (zune docking base, powered into the wall, and Zune remote) with the device. If any one of these things is not present, no line out signal. Now I am not saying that there is not a work around but I don't have the time to figure it out.

Quote:

[size=xx-small]ALO: If you deem this thread is inappropriate/you don't want it please feel free to delete. If so, I apologize Ken.[/size]

again, no really thanks for the post.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 18, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #3 of 12
Hi Ken,

I frequently visit your site to find if anything new has come up. May I suggest you to setup a new page that has a table listing the cables (or all the products) that you've offered, is offering, and planning to offer(like the V-dock)?

You've so many great products. I own one of them and have never looked back.

However, some products comes and some goes. No offence indeed, I just find it hard to search through each of the pages to check if a cable still exists or existed before. For instance, the ALO Jumbo Cyro mini 2 mini was once the best and now you've got the-even-better Super Kind that is mentioned in one of your posts. However, I still do not know where I could find the info of this cable in your website. Also I notice that once there was a mini 2 mini that can be made of a single copper crystal called multi-array (please correct me any time). But it is pretty hard to find the correct path to see the details of this cable.

When I was a newbie, I found it time consuming and occasionally frustrating just to search the COMPLETE information of all cables in order to make my decision. Even now, the info is not as handy as I desire, my opinion.

Hope that this suggestion may help your new customers.

Once again, no intention to offence. English is not my 1st language and I am always afraid of having conveyed something wrong unintentionally.

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #4 of 12
This is thread is a good idea, I'm sure Ken will appreciate the suggestions.

I like the idea of a table listing all of ALOs products. It could be on the home page, a big table, with all the products under the different section headings you currently have different pages for, but all in a list, with prices, and hyper links to the existing pages. This wouldn't be too much work, it's just one page, the others can all stay as they are with the "master" page linking to them. I think this would sell more product, and encourage people to spend more as they can see the cable which presumably led them to look at the site, and right there below it is something even better with the appropriate increase in price.

I love the vids on your site and the info about you, it would be nice to see more vids and pics of you and Jim, in depth, technical stuff which I find interesting.

And post more pics of the foxy chick at the bottom of your homepage!

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 12
^ I agree. Some items are buried under two links and some items are spread out like ipod->rca, which there are some under muti array, some under cryo or whatnot, and I imagine would be hard for people to find at all. Either items are listed under technology such as all cryo stuff, all x stuff, all multi array, or listed under category- ipod, rcas, minis, but when categorized under both and having stuff spread out means I have to look through the whole site and try to remember stuff instead of having everything laid out for me to compare and decide.

I'm pretty sure the website redesign probably will address all this so keeping fingers crossed >.>

Maybe its also me but the giant fonts and differing sizes and stuff is really random, and sticking to Bold, Bold Red, Normal and a set style for each page would make everything much more readable.

Ohh one more thing, how about one big page with all the technologies listed and explained with pictures and diagrams and stuff, so a viewer can just go to that page first and be acquainted with the merits and sounds of each stuff and then go on to look at the products.

Thanks.

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ken,

I frequently visit your site to find if anything new has come up. May I suggest you to setup a new page that has a table listing the cables (or all the products) that you've offered, is offering, and planning to offer(like the V-dock)?

You've so many great products. I own one of them and have never looked back.

However, some products comes and some goes. No offence indeed, I just find it hard to search through each of the pages to check if a cable still exists or existed before. For instance, the ALO Jumbo Cyro mini 2 mini was once the best and now you've got the-even-better Super Kind that is mentioned in one of your posts. However, I still do not know where I could find the info of this cable in your website. Also I notice that once there was a mini 2 mini that can be made of a single copper crystal called multi-array (please correct me any time). But it is pretty hard to find the correct path to see the details of this cable.

When I was a newbie, I found it time consuming and occasionally frustrating just to search the COMPLETE information of all cables in order to make my decision. Even now, the info is not as handy as I desire, my opinion.

Hope that this suggestion may help your new customers.

Once again, no intention to offence. English is not my 1st language and I am always afraid of having conveyed something wrong unintentionally.

The new site has all of your concerns addressed. I hear you though, your right on, on all accounts. Thanks for putting up with all this over the years.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the vids on your site and the info about you, it would be nice to see more vids and pics of you and Jim, in depth, technical stuff which I find interesting.

And post more pics of the foxy chick at the bottom of your homepage!

Thanks for the in put, yeah I love it! Keep it coming.

I am doing another round of video shoots this week! And will be getting the elusive James Moore to make a cameo.

Oh and here is the foxy chick for all you guys.....

_MG_5272.jpg

_MG_5236.jpg

Mmmm foxy chicks...

Josh Dearing is a photographer and does reviews of gear. He is doing a review of some of my cables and was kind enough the loan me the foxy chick pics. Them photographers have a rough life.

Ken

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Burn Pt.2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I agree. Some items are buried under two links and some items are spread out like ipod->rca, which there are some under muti array, some under cryo or whatnot, and I imagine would be hard for people to find at all. Either items are listed under technology such as all cryo stuff, all x stuff, all multi array, or listed under category- ipod, rcas, minis, but when categorized under both and having stuff spread out means I have to look through the whole site and try to remember stuff instead of having everything laid out for me to compare and decide.

I'm pretty sure the website redesign probably will address all this so keeping fingers crossed >.>

Maybe its also me but the giant fonts and differing sizes and stuff is really random, and sticking to Bold, Bold Red, Normal and a set style for each page would make everything much more readable.

Ohh one more thing, how about one big page with all the technologies listed and explained with pictures and diagrams and stuff, so a viewer can just go to that page first and be acquainted with the merits and sounds of each stuff and then go on to look at the products.

Thanks.

Did I mention foxy chicks?

Jul 31, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #10 of 12
First off, the new website design is fantastic. Kudos.

Now in regards to your custom cabled/woodied headphones, any plans for Beyer 770, or Sennheiser HD650?
evil_smiley.gif

The all-black sleeved 225 is absolutely beautiful. Something along those lines would be irresistible.

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off, the new website design is fantastic. Kudos.

Now in regards to your custom cabled/woodied headphones, any plans for Beyer 770, or Sennheiser HD650?
evil_smiley.gif

The all-black sleeved 225 is absolutely beautiful. Something along those lines would be irresistible.

Oh man thanks.

This is going to sound lame but it’s the truth. I just do not have the time to take on another line of mods. Doing headphone mods is time consuming and I have a lot of respect for one other modding guy whom mods a Beyer. I am happy with the Grados and an occasional 701.

ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back