Suggestions for my next IEM :D
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

brunobm

New Head-Fier
Use cases for music are mainly:
1. Listening at the gym, mostly electronic music (DJ sets like Keinemusik, Beats in Space, etc) but sometimes some Rock and Hip Hop
2. Relaxing at the end of the day while playing solitaire on my phone lol. Here is listen to whatever I discover next on Qobuz. I love things that are similar to Radiohead, some soul/RnB, etc.

Current Collection and likes/dislikes:
1. Sennheiser IE 600: love the bass quality, but don't love how the midbass doesn't show. Love the detail but it's too much for when I'm trying to relax. Basically it's a gym IEM to get pumped.
2. Aful P8: my favorite for relaxing because the bass has a velvety/meaty texture to it, it's quite musical and has enough detail without being piercing or distracting. Not many faults except when I want something more engaging/energetic.
3. Softears Studio 4: strikingly similar to the P8. To me the main difference is that I get louder bass/midbass, but with a texture that I like less; and vocals are also pushed more forward. I think I like the P8 a little better actually.

Not sure if I should get something a little more suited for EDM and Hip Hop (more midbass than the IE600 to try it out), an upgrade to the P8 for relaxation, or something to wow me with some tech like soundstage, imaging, etc. Things I'm considering:
- Mest MKII for $1000
- Maestro SE for $1600
- Dunu SA6 MKII for $$420
- HiSenior Mega 5 EST for $550
- Something cheaper because these are overpriced
- Chilling the f out

PS: don't like playing around with EQ, don't wanna get into that sort of rabbit hole.

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 2
The Artti T10 has great bass in quality and quantity, dialed in just right though they aren't much to look at.
Moondrop Kato is just fun on a bun.
7hz Salnotes Zero:2 I'd take to the gym since they're so affordable, I keep a pair for travel but end up using them at home too. Never worry about them breaking.
Seeaudio Yume II has depth and width on soundstage, needs a 600hz 2db boost in a player EQ.
7HZ Timeless is great, but the AE version is lame with the dynamic driver for bass. The original has the fun planar slam but needs a $9 Apple 3.5mm adapter and the Tanchjim Space I have is even better for sound quality and 4.4mm power. Short of my Topping G5 it's the best since it's so light and compact. The G5 is like carrying a brick around, but great for a laptop companion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back