Suggested new practice for reviews
Feb 19, 2015 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Max Minimum

500+ Head-Fier
I wonder if it might be helpful for people reporting first-hand experience with a product to do so in a way that sets their posts off visually from non-review material.  So often, when looking for sound impressions on a product, it's easy to find threads dedicated to those products, but difficult to find helpful information because there are so many posts that are off topic or that are simply people telling everyone what their hopes are for the product, etc.  So, there will be a 500-page thread about a set of headphones, for instance, and maybe once every 8 pages there will be a post from someone who is able to give first-hand impressions.  Mining these threads for useful information can be a frustrating endeavor. 

What if first-hand impressions (whether concerning sound, comfort, ergonomics, whatever) were in a certain color?  Then we could much more easily make our way through threads, picking out useful information.  I'm not suggesting mods should go back through the forum and edit posts to make this happen.  That, I imagine, would be extraordinarily time-consuming.  But maybe going forward it could be practiced and gradually the site would become easier to extract information from.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back