sub 250 upgrade from ad700
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Syaoran741

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
Long time reader first time poster on Head-Fi.
I've had the ad700s for a couple of years now, i recently got a xonar stx for 50 bucks of ebay so im looking at possibly upgrading my headphones too.
I play numerous video games but the core is BF4 and LOL. I listen to House(dance, trance etc) so bass has been sorely missed on the ad700s.
So i'm looking for a set of headphones (maybe headsets) for around the $250 mark. Closed over-ear headphones would be sweet but i'm impartial for the most part.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Based on your requirements, I think you'd gain a lot of value from a used pair of Denon D2000s if you can find them in your price range. 

Additionally, you could look into some DT770 80ohms, closed as well but with stronger bass emphasis if that's what you're about. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 3
Sorry, i should've mentioned earlier but i live in australia so used products of that level aren't as common as in the states.

But i have been looking at the beyerdynamics range, what are your opinions on them?
I'll most likely have to buy the headphones off amazon and ship it here.

PS: I'm by no means any sort of bass junkie just a bit more bass on top of the 700s would be amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back