Sub $250 Headphones?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eskimogenius

New Head-Fier
Budget: <$250
Source: Macbook Pro, Spotify Premium
Isolation: Needs to isolate sound (closed)
Preferred Type: Comfy over the ear
Use: Listening to hip-hop music, watching TV shows, movies
Past Headphones: Phillips Uptown (Current), Klipsch S4 (Disliked IEMs)
Other Requirements: No amp, Hoping for a case so I can carry it around but not essential

Looking to upgrade my music experience. I am heading to Japan in a few weeks time and I'm going to be purchasing a new set of headphones there. This is the list I have compiled in highest priority to lowest:

JVC HA-SZ2000
ATH-A900X
ATH-Pro700MK2
Beyerdynamic DT-770
Sennheiser Momentum

Should I remove, add or switch any options? 

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Do you know what kind of quality Spotify Premium streams? I may be wrong, but I assume it isn't as good as even iTunes quality. I would recommend trying to find a better source of your music first. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for headphones.

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 7
  Do you know what kind of quality Spotify Premium streams? I may be wrong, but I assume it isn't as good as even iTunes quality. I would recommend trying to find a better source of your music first. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for headphones.

It streams in 320kbps, I assume that is good enough for this price bracket?

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 7
320 kbps shouldn't be too bad actually, as long as that quality doesn't vary depending on internet connection. Maybe someone else can chime in. Good luck with your search!

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 7
  Budget: <$250
Source: Macbook Pro, Spotify Premium
Isolation: Needs to isolate sound (closed)
Preferred Type: Comfy over the ear
Use: Listening to hip-hop music, watching TV shows, movies
Past Headphones: Phillips Uptown (Current), Klipsch S4 (Disliked IEMs)
Other Requirements: No amp, Hoping for a case so I can carry it around but not essential
Looking to upgrade my music experience. I am heading to Japan in a few weeks time and I'm going to be purchasing a new set of headphones there. This is the list I have compiled in highest priority to lowest:
JVC HA-SZ2000
ATH-A900X
ATH-Pro700MK2
Beyerdynamic DT-770
Sennheiser Momentum

Should I remove, add or switch any options? 

The Mac might have a little trouble driving the 250-Ohm Beyers, others should not be a problem.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 7
  320 kbps shouldn't be too bad actually, as long as that quality doesn't vary depending on internet connection. Maybe someone else can chime in. Good luck with your search!

The quality doesn't depend on the connection, I downloaded the music files as 320kbps using the Offline Mode. :)

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking.  Those of the cans you have listed are all over the map in that regard.

I'm quite new to the high-end market so I'm not sure exactly what sound signature means. However, I am a basshead and I like my music to have that 'oomph'. I mainly listen to hip-hop and R&B so the headphones need to play this genre well.

To be honest, I would just like people to list other headphones that meet my requirements as I would be heading to e-Earphone or Bic Camera in Japan where they have pretty much every well known model on display for customers to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back