Strip Board CMOY Revisited
Apr 3, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #106 of 107
I finished the build. But it sound like ****. no bass, vocals is gone mids and highs are gone. there is no difference between left and right Something in the build is wrong.

A fellow member on diy audio told me its probably a grounding issue. But having more sets of eyes while trouble shooting won't hurt :)

I checked this list off
1/ Switch off and remove the batteries.

2/ Have your meter set to a low ohms range.

3/ Now check that the red wire in the first picture (the one with the headphone socket) goes to the 'virtual ground point' which is the junction of C1+ and C1- in the diagram you linked to in post #3.

4/ Check that the wire's going to the volume control (the pins that are joined and with those two blue and two red wires attached) also go to the virtual ground.

5/ Check that the input grounds also go to this same point.

6/ Now power it all up.

7/ Set your meter to DC voltage and connect the black lead to the virtual ground point.

8/ Check that you have +9 or so volts on pin 8 of the opamp.

9/ Check that you have -9 volts on pin 4.

10/ Check that the voltage on pins 1,2 and 3 is zero and that the voltage on pins 5,6 and 7 is zero

Done it. and everything looked good, 8 and 4 is shoring 9v and the rest is at 0.02ish. But there is 1 thing im not sure about. My 6.3mm output, if i use my dmm and try to measure between the points marked(https://gyazo.com/4a1cdac7c91e423cd065b3b7bf42f0e6). i get no reading at all, which means that i don't have a connection right? Can this be the problem?

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #107 of 107
Fixed it, turned out it was the op275 messing everything up, tried both ones i had, both resulted in the same distortion. I just switched it out to a tle 2082cp and it sounds great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back