Strip Audio from DVD?
Sep 16, 2004 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vanillawafer

100+ Head-Fier
I'm wanting to strip the audio off of my Led Zeppelin DVD to WAV and then conver it to MP3. I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how, well I know how to get it to MP3, just not sure how to get the audio tracks off of the DVD. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, could you point me in the right direction, I would like a free option if at all possible, not sure if there is free software out there that wil do this or not. I'm interestead in keeping the same quality, just moving it from the DVD to my HD. The Led Zeppelin has a Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo source option, so this is the audio track I would like to strip from. Thanks for the help.]

~Jim

Sep 20, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 5
don't know what's so illegal about it.. I've done so with a bjork live concert DVD, very easy in fact.. all you need is a program called SmartRipper, download it, google some guides and extract the audio track.. I've done so with the uncompressed PCM track, don't know what to do with AC3/DTS tracks but don't care about it
tongue.gif

Sep 20, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanillawafer
I'm wanting to strip the audio off of my Led Zeppelin DVD to WAV and then conver it to MP3. ... I'm interestead in keeping the same quality, just moving it from the DVD to my HD. The Led Zeppelin has a Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo source option, so this is the audio track I would like to strip from.

I don't know any software to recommend, but you should get one which will rip the AC-3 (Dolby Digital) data straight with no conversions for keeping the quality. Then play the ac3 files when you want to listen to the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back