Stax Sr-Sigma spares
Feb 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
Is it possible to buy low bias stators for my Sigma non-pro bias?  I would like to be able to continue using the energizer as it works with my hi-fi amps and lets me make the Sigmas sound the way I want by using the appropriate amp.    

Not any new ones - there haven't been any low bias drivers manufactured for 30 years.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 25
I have a set of low bias Sigma drivers left over from when YAMAS redid a  low bias set of mine as a 404.  I have been hanging onto them for many years.  Now is about as good a time as any to let them go.  PM me with an offer if you want them

I have Sigma low, pro and 404 and still regard the low as worth having just for comparison.

You could as John suggests upgrade to a pro, 202/303/404 etc, or find an old Lambda low,-------------- or buy mine.  PM me if interested.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #25 of 25
I've got a Sigma recently being powered by an SRM1 mk2. Am I shortchanging the Sigma's capabilities with the amp? If so, what's a good next step? I have a 6 pin normal sigma btw

I see that a lot of people get rid of the black foam that retains the other brown stuff, does removing it make an increase in sq? And is it safe to remove or leave as is?

_------

Thank you sir. I'll ping them an email.

Yamasinc, the US Stax dealer can probably get you what you need if they can be bothered to reply to an email or phone call. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back