Stax left channel only. :/
Jul 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Stein

100+ Head-Fier
Well, my luck has been just terrible lately.

After finally acquiring a power adapter for my Stax 2050 system, I powered them up to find that only the left channel was working.

Right after I noticed that only the left channel was working, I powered everything down and unplugged the cable so I could just take a second to figure out what might be wrong.
Incidentally, when I pulled out the cable, the little gold/copper thing inside of bottom left plug hole came out about half-way with the plug. Right now I'm expecting that to be the problem, but I don't have a clue.

I've already tried different sets of RCA cables and I am positive everything was plugged in all the way, so I don't think it's some really stupid error on my part, but I suppose it could be.

I'm using the amp through a udac connected to my computer, if that matters at all. :/

I'd appreciate any knowledge you might have on this issue. Thanks in advance.

. That's the thing that came out, by the way. If that somehow controls the right channel, I guess that's my problem.

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 13
Nope. As far as that goes, I'll have to just hope I can attend the closest meet. Either that or hopefully get in touch with a head-fier that lives close to me.

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 13
Well, at least that narrows down the problem. Any idea how I can fix that, or is it going to turn out to be a rather expensive problem? :s
When plugging the headphones in, that piece got pushed back to its natural place, so I figured it would be fine, but I guess that's not the case.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #7 of 13
Well, it definitely doesn't sound right. It's not a channel imbalance, there's literally no sound coming out of the right channel.
Is it pretty easy to just replace the socket? Where would I even find a replacement one? :S

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #9 of 13
Well, I just broke them out again to see if there was anything coming out of the right channel at all, and now for whatever reason there is. Before, there was definitely nothing coming out of the right, but now they seem just fine. Maybe I got lucky plugging them in this time and pushed that piece right back into its place. I just hope this isn't temporary. :\ Even so, thanks for the help, guys. Sorry for having nothing but problems. :p I'm still learning.

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
Well, I just broke them out again to see if there was anything coming out of the right channel at all, and now for whatever reason there is. Before, there was definitely nothing coming out of the right, but now they seem just fine. Maybe I got lucky plugging them in this time and pushed that piece right back into its place. I just hope this isn't temporary. :\ Even so, thanks for the help, guys. Sorry for having nothing but problems. :p I'm still learning.

I hope they keep on working! The SR-202s are damn good.

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Well they certainly sound amazing. For now, I'm not going to mess with anything. :wink: I don't want to risk messing these boys up any further. Thanks again. =)

The  worst case could be that the wire to the offending socket is disconnected and needs to the resoldered at the back of the socket. You may have pushed it back so that at least it makes physical contact with the wire from the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back