Star one has arrived!
Apr 24, 2002 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Hi

Got the new "Star One" cd by Arjen anthony Lucassen (Ayreon for those who don't know
wink.gif
tongue.gif
) given it a quick spin and on first impressions its pretty damn good!

Its more spaceier than his usual stuff, but also a lot heavier though its still very melodic. Singers include Damien Wilson (ex-Landmarq) and Floor Jansen (After Forever) amongst others.

Intrestingly on the limited 2cd edition (which I got and is very nicely presented, if your going to get this release then try and hunt it down) one tracks been recorded in dolby pro logic!

Cheers...

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 3
nice
smily_headphones1.gif
I was kinda turned off by the samples I heard from his site tho...thought it was a bit corny lyrical-wise. might be wrong tho, guess it's cool if you're into sci-fi n stuff.

BTW, the Pendragon instrumental is due the 29th of this month. now that's something I'm looking forwad to!

Apr 24, 2002 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
nice
smily_headphones1.gif
I was kinda turned off by the samples I heard from his site tho...thought it was a bit corny lyrical-wise. might be wrong tho, guess it's cool if you're into sci-fi n stuff.

BTW, the Pendragon instrumental is due the 29th of this month. now that's something I'm looking forwad to!

Hi Braver

Funnily enough I'm a major sf fan and into stuff like Babylon 5, star trek (all of them) and Doctor Who. They are doing new doctor who storys on cd in the radio play format and one of them dropped through the letter box as well, hows that for coincidence!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back