Standalone DAC (~$300) to compliment Lake People G109
Feb 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TooPoor

500+ Head-Fier
 I admittedly know very little about DACs other than they vary wildly in price. I'm looking for a decent standalone DAC to pair up with a LP G109S. Primary source is my laptop or iPod. I prefer a warmer signature and will be using it with my HE-400's and SigPro's. I currently have the Modi, but not really sure how it stacks up against other mid fi (Modi is probably budget fi) DACs.

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 7
Got bitten by the allure of a hybrid (the Lyr). Also I just bought some LCD2.2s and was worried about how well the G109 could power them whereas it is very well established that the Lyr plays well with the LCD2.2 (from what I've read). If I don't like the Lyr, I'm just going to go up a step from the G109 to the V200.

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #7 of 7
You can try the DacMagic Plus (not the previous DacMagic version). I think it is really good for the price. I've been comparing it with M2Tech Young which has a higher price tag and get impressive reviews. It can match the resolution of the Young in the high frequency department while elsewhere it sounds as good as the other. Nevertheless if you're aiming at listening to music then the sound quality is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back