SR35 & Tidal offline
Feb 17, 2024 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cemil

New Head-Fier
Is there an easy way to play Tidal offline using the SR35? I searched through the web and all solutions involve downloading the Tidal tracks on your computer, running them through a converter software and uploading them on the SR35.
I'm looking for a way to do that without the use of a computer, if that is possible.

Thanks for any guidance,

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 8
Is there an easy way to play Tidal offline using the SR35? I searched through the web and all solutions involve downloading the Tidal tracks on your computer, running them through a converter software and uploading them on the SR35.
I'm looking for a way to do that without the use of a computer, if that is possible.

Thanks for any guidance,
A&K really sucks for Tidal - a dedicated Android DAP is recommended for Tidal. Your options are to side-load Tidal onto the A7K, or it might have a built-in Tidal player, which is typically terrible. I've never had to use a computer for either of those options.

Feb 26, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 8
I don't hold out a lot of hope that you'll be able to make it work. A&K basically abandons Tidal support on older devices. Clicking through their garbage support pages, I did see one somewhere that said you're supposed to use AK Connect to play Tidal on the SR35 -- that is, run Tidal on your phone and send it via Bluetooth to the SR35. Sure, that's REALLY hi-fi.

Just in case:
Do you have the latest firmware?
https://www.astellnkern.com/support/download_detail.jsp?bbsNo=367

Also, there is this cryptic info on the A&K support site. That might be the proper version you can sideload -- expand the link to see the Tidal version for SR35.

https://www.astellnkern.com/support...e&faqCategory=&productNos=&page=1&pageSize=10

And here is an old page about Open APP which seems to be the sideloader. They don't exactly make this easy.
https://theinvixion.com/blogs/news/open-app-service-instructions

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 8
Thank you. How would you "side-load" Tidal on the A&K ?
Hi Cemil - New SR35 owner here. I haven't messed around with APKs, but there's a much easier fix. If you haven't figured it out already, under Services>>Download, go ahead and install the latest version of Tidal (2.98.2). This will give you a user experience closest to what you find on a smartphone and you'll now be able to download your playlists and listen to them offline.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 8
Hi Cemil - New SR35 owner here. I haven't messed around with APKs, but there's a much easier fix. If you haven't figured it out already, under Services>>Download, go ahead and install the latest version of Tidal (2.98.2). This will give you a user experience closest to what you find on a smartphone and you'll now be able to download your playlists and listen to them offline.
That's great - thank you. Worked perfectly !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back