sr-60's vs hd497-headrooms response
Nov 16, 2002 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

headfonuswannabe

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone-
Just getting back to the topic of Senn. hd-497 vs. grado sr-60's and the lack of bass that I'm getting from my Grado's. The longer I burn the Grado's in (30 hours now) the better they get. The koss Potapro is a great sounding set of cans - thanks Wallijohn
biggrin.gif

But, and what a big but it was, the Sr-60's do leak sound and I know what some of you are talking about by having to turn the music up to the point of hurting your hearing in a outside situation - don't want to screw up my hearing that badly....
Koss portapro's sound great -thanks everyone for the advice. Still don't know about 497's or sony v6- Time will tell---
This is the oficial response from headroom about the lack of bass and the congested "blob" of music that you hear with certain high intensity song's (btw , he's refering to amps).....
Hi Rich,
If you want the portability the Supreme or the Cosmic are the way to go. the Supreme is $449 and the Cosmic is $699 and $799 for the Reference Module. If you do not need the portability, than the Little is a good choice. All of the above will fix the "blob" increase the volume, and detail of the music (including bass). Getting a different headphone will not work unless you get the amp to drive them. The little is upgradable later, if you choose to do so. Premium Module and More Power upgrades. The Cosmic can also be upgraded to the Reference Module later for $149.The 225's are great for rock and will match up well with any of the above amps.
Thanks again everyone and I'll keep reading
Rich
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back