Sportapro too small.... alternative?
Dec 26, 2008 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

project86

Headphoneus Supremus
For Christmas I got my dad into the 21st century with an Insignia 4GB DAP. I used to own and love a set of Portapros, and loved the sound, so I got him the Sportapros, figuring he might like the behind the head option as well.

He loved his present, but there is a problem: his HUGE noggin is too big for the Sportapros to be worn above the head. I have a large head, and they fit me, but his is not even close. He seems to like the behind the neck option, but after he uses it more he might change his mind.

What would be a good option for an alternative that extends a few inches larger that the Sportapro? I'd like to keep the same style of very lightweight, on the ear style. I'd also like to keep it fairly cheap, so no Grado SR60s or anything.

Or is he just out of luck having such a large dome?

Dec 28, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 4
The KSC-35 from Koss have the same driver as the SportaPro and thus, similar sound signature. They are clip-ons so big heads aren't a problem, but they are on the expensive side because they are out of production.

Another option would be the KSC-75. Same family of driver but they have a titanium coat so they have a slightly sparklier sound with a bit less bass. They are also clip-ons but they are cheaper ($25 MSRP) and can be found for great deals on E-Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back