Spider Gives Away 20pcs "TinyEar" Micro Driver IEM
Dec 19, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #151 of 159
Got these today! So far, I like, a lot. I'll have more in a few days. Today is a bit of a stress day for me. But I will say that these have a very pleasing slightly V shaped sound sig with detail that surpasses a lot of other $40 IEM's and is surprisingly open sounding.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #153 of 159
I've been using these for more than half an hour now and it doesn't really like some male vocals, but female voices are quite nice. I retract the recessed mids comment, but some male voices sound a bit veiled and warped. It's unique, to say the least. They're easily worth $40 in my opinion! My only gripe is that the double flanges get itchy really quickly.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #154 of 159

Quote:
I've been using these for more than half an hour now and it doesn't really like some male vocals, but female voices are quite nice. I retract the recessed mids comment, but some male voices sound a bit veiled and warped. It's unique, to say the least. They're easily worth $40 in my opinion! My only gripe is that the double flanges get itchy really quickly.

I agree it does higher pitched vocals, mainly female, better. It seems to give sounds a higher tone but not so much that I'd consider it a bright sounding IEM as of yet.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #155 of 159
Got mine today.
atsmile.gif
  Burning them in right now.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #157 of 159
I was starting to worry that my pair were mailed to my regular address instead of the one I specified, but I'm very happy to say I received mine today! Initial impressions are great; they are very small and comfortable and sound seems pretty good from the few songs I've listened to as well. I'll put them through a few more hours of listening over more genres and styles first, but I'll have a review up within a week or two.

[the red is beautiful by the way]

Dec 30, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #158 of 159
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrilliantTechGuy?feature=watch

Hello head-fi,

Just received the headphones and wanted to get this message up really quick. 
The link above is a video showing a quick unboxing of the Spidercable TinyEar IEM's which I received if anyone was interested.
I'll have a video review up in 1-2 weeks, but my initial impressions are in line with what everyone has said already. Sound quality aside, I am really liking the aesthetics of the headphones.The blue color is gorgeous :) 

And thanks for spidercable for giving these out!

Jan 1, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #159 of 159
Small update. Went to sleep with them two nights ago with some Matisyahu and Rebelution playing and I fell asleep like a baby. The headphones stayed perfectly in my ears and stayed comfy all night
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back