Speakers - any experience of B&W, Dynaudio or Audiovector, Neat?
Dec 24, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #31 of 33
Interesing i always thought active was way better as many people claim ... no i'm hesitating to buy DIY speaker instead of pro active one... the more you read the more you are lost.
biggrin.gif

The speakers were in the same room ?

Quote:
I completely disagree about Actives being better than passives. Went from $1.2k Mackie Hr824 (and previously Mackie MR8s to Adam A5s) to $600 B&W 685s and the B&W blew the mackies out of the park in terms of their overall presentation. Imaging and soundstaging really out did any active speaker I have ever heard. Detail is probably better, but I'm not in a position to compare because I don't have the Mackie's with me anymore.

A decent amp, e.g. Onkyo A-9555, can be had for under $400 used, so you really don't save any money with Actives.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #32 of 33
I know Audio Vector as i am in DK. They are good at redproducing dynamic swings (fast), and they are "forward", perhaps also tilted up a bit to accentuate the trebble, but the bass reproduction on their larger speakers is (used to be) pretty good. I would characterize them as being like Naim with an attitude. I don't keep up with them. I owned a pair of used 2-ways 4-5 years ago and my step son has their latest monitors, but I am not sure how far up the scale. They are sold widely in DK and many people own them.
I'm raising an old thread because I'm considering a used pair of Audiovector S3 with the to upgrade module, Avantgarde.

Are there any updated experiences with Audiovector speakers?

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #33 of 33
I just bought Audiovector SR3 Signature speakers a few days ago. I demoed the SR3 Super and liked it, but I was given a great offer on the Signature and went for that instead. Also purchased a subwoofer, which I think is a must for these speakers unless you live in a smaller apartment. I do like their upgrade options, even though I don't think I will ever do it, it's nice to know that it can be done.

I've only been listening to them for two days, but I am really enjoying them a lot. Sound signature is a little bright, but I don't mind that. Kinda like my TH900's.

IMG_20191219_182322.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back