SPACE headphone amp
Jul 24, 2023 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SpaceAudio

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I want to show you my new headamp.

The main objective in designing this solid state voltage feedback amplifier was to develop a device free from dynamic and thermal distortion that causes sound "coloration" and dynamic range compression.
To achieve this, special measures were taken to reduce the influence of high-frequency noise coming from the air and AC mains (SMPS, cellular, WI-FI etc) and thermal modulation of active elements.
These measures include a low parasitic capacitance linear transformer power supply, low noise voltage regulators, high quiescent current, an aluminum enclosure made from a single piece of metal, special PCB topology, high efficient common mode and differential mode filters for the power supply lines, and input and output of the amplifier.
The resulting sound of the amplifier is significantly different from other amplifiers available on the mass market.
As some listeners say, it differs in a similar way to how the mastering of hi-res recordings differs from regular recordings: hi-res recordings tend to sound "quieter" on average but have a greater peak volume range (dynamic range).

I would be interested in receiving feedback from the members of our forum on the sound of this amplifier.
I'm in Australia and the amp is designed for a mains voltage of 220-240 volts.
PM me If you are interested in listening to it and writing a feedback.

Specs
Input connector type: 2xRCA unbalanced
Output connector type: stereo 6.5 mm
Input impedance: 10 kOhm
Output impedance: <0.8 Ohm
Gain: 10.8 dB
Power supply capacity: 15000uF
Headphones protection

new1.png
bw1.png
inside1.png

Jul 26, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 3
I received a SPACE headphone amp yesterday, kindly sent by the maker.

I will be writing up a full review at some point in the future, but I have just got it set up and it really makes my Meze audio 109 Pro sing - a very full and smooth sound but without making it seem like the amp is adding much flavour to the sound.

It's very effortless and more dynamic than my main go-to amp, the Singxer SA-1.

The build quality is really impressive, it is a hefty but not cumbersome amp.

PXL_20230726_144811564.jpg

Oct 2, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back