Southwestern Michigan Meet - Looking for people, then a date and location
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2016 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jakenmenheer

New Head-Fier
Hello

After doing some searching it appears that there is not a meet for the south western portion of Michigan, or at least an active or recent one. I want to change that!

First I want to see if there is many people interested. Is anyone here interested in a meet in this area? If I can get from 5-10 people I will try my best to put something together by the new year.

I am currently a student at Western Michigan University located in Kalamazoo. I am sure we could find somewhere on campus to host it, but we can also look at other locations.

So let me know if you are interested, and what gear you would be willing to bring!

Current Gear

Headphones:
ATH-M50X
DT990 (600 ohm)
HF5
KZ-ATE
SHP-9500

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 9
Yo! I am interested, the date will be the deciding factor on if I can actually make it though.

I plan on selling my HD800 here soon, so that won't be making it. I am going to be picking up another Sony Z7 after I offload the HD800 and whatever else.

I'll bring:
A self-modded T50RP
Sony MDR-1A
I'll find some tips to make my Unique Melody Mentor CIEM usable for other people to try.
Geek Out V2

And I'm sure there will be other things by then too, I never know what my inventory will look like more than a month out. 

Hopefully some other people will be interested in coming to a meet around here. I always want to go to the ones in Ann Arbor that happen like twice a year but that is a long drive from Holland, MI. 

And lastly, you should share this with the people in the Michigan Headfiers thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/groups/show/31/michigan-headfiers

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 9
Count me in.

gear i can bring - denon d7k, beyer t90 and t70p, hfm he500 and he4 and possibly some wood diy cans(if my hand heals by then, got bit by the tablesaw)

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Depending on the date I might be able to swing this.

I can also use this as an excuse to stop by Bells. Haven't been there in years!

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 9
I would be interested depending on the date. I could bring Senn HD558, VModa M100, beyerdynamic dt1350, RHA 750, Grado SR 60. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 9
I would be happy to attend a meet on the west side of Michigan.  Just don't make it the same day as the SE meet (Oct 29)  Haha.  Let me know the details  when they come about!

John  (JEspina456)

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 9
I am hoping to make this happen sometime in the first 2 months of the new year. That should give adequate time for planning and such.

I am going to look in to hosting it here at Western Michigan University. Hopefully I can find a space with adequate isolation and sufficient power access.

If any one has any suggestions, ideas, or requests please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back