Soundcard enquiry
Feb 1, 2005 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

maca

New Head-Fier
I'm by no means an audiophile, I'm looking to have a 5.1 system (logitech x-530, it sounds pretty dodgy, I know
mad.gif
) and am looking for a soundcard strictly for music.

Being able to upmix stereo to 5.1 is important to me, due to the strange layout of my room, sound from front speakers appear from behind when I'm in my study desk and on my left when I'm on my bed. Am I able to do this with a stereo soundcard like Chaintech, together with the "stereo to 4 channels" in the DSP Manager ?

Seeing I'm running a soundcard unamped and all, with regards to the poor quality of the speakers, will I hear any audible differences between, say, a revo7.1, AV710, an Audigy or even a Fortissimo? Currently I'm looking at an Audigy2 and an AV710, seeing they're retailing at about the same price. I just need reasons to justify my spending that's all.

Also one last question, will I be able to use fellow member 'atjs's ATSurround matrix decoder on a Chaintech ?

Although it's usually recommended that I actually go and listen before I buy, in all seriousness I just don't have the time/energy to look for places which allow me to, and I'd rather use that time to catch up on my deeply deprived sleep
smily_headphones1.gif

Many thanks and <3 in advanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back