Soundblaster Live -> Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
Sep 6, 2004 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AngryGuy

100+ Head-Fier
Would I notice any difference with my A500's going from an old Soundblaster Live to a Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS? I mean.. I'm sure I would, but how much is the difference? Is it going to be night and day?

And yes, I know about M-Audio and everyone's hate for Creative, but I'm a gamer and I need a gaming card.

Sep 6, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 10
Why not a dual card setup? Keep the live for games, and just about anything else for music. You may run into some driver conflicts with Emu and the Live, however. The chaintech works flawlessly, though.

Sep 6, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 10
Alright.. I know you guys are trying to be helpful but I really don't want any other card.

I've obviously been with a creative for awhile and I like it so I'm sticking with that.

Plus, I'm getting a good price on the card so I'm not spending a fortune for it. I just want to know if it's even worth getting a new card.

Sep 6, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryGuy
Alright.. I know you guys are trying to be helpful but I really don't want any other card.

Plus, I'm getting a good price on the card so I'm not spending a fortune for it. I just want to know if it's even worth getting a new card.

Go get the ZS, your a gamer and the best out there is the Audigy ZS, dont think about any other card. You'll be getting the best gaming card out there, there's no need to explain yourself
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I currently have the Audigy and also in the process of getting the ZS, my old card goes to my brothers computer. You'll be able to play the new EAX HD complatible games like Thief 3 which would not enable its EAX engine for the SB live. Plus CPU load will be much lighter compared to the SB live or to any other card that I know of.

Sep 6, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
Go get the ZS, your a gamer and the best out there is the Audigy ZS, dont think about any other card. You'll be getting the best gaming card out there, there's no need to explain yourself
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I currently have the Audigy and also in the process of getting the ZS, my old card goes to my brothers computer. You'll be able to play the new EAX HD complatible games like Thief 3 which would not enable its EAX engine for the SB live. Plus CPU load will be much lighter compared to the SB live or to any other card that I know of.

Agreed, but the chaintech is only $25, so it would be good to run along side the A2 for if/when you do listen to music. If you're never using your computer for music, the A2 is all you need.

Sep 6, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 10
I went from an Audigy2 to a M-Audio Revolution, which is very similar to the Chaintech. Wow. Never knew that sound cards were so capable of reproducing music. Will never buy an Audigy again. Simple as that. I'm thinking about upgrading to an EMU 1212 right now. As Jasper said, the Chaintech's only $25. Can't hurt your wallet that much

Sep 6, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilson
I went from an Audigy2 to a M-Audio Revolution, which is very similar to the Chaintech. Wow. Never knew that sound cards were so capable of reproducing music. Will never buy an Audigy again. Simple as that. I'm thinking about upgrading to an EMU 1212 right now. As Jasper said, the Chaintech's only $25. Can't hurt your wallet that much

Yup, I agree 100%, but the guy specifically asked for a gaming card
wink.gif

I supposed I dont blame you guys, this is a computer-as-source forum, maybe he should have posted in the members lounge
tongue.gif

Edit: BTW, what chaintech card are you guys referring to? the AV-710 or the AV-512?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back