Sound quality of CT580/CT780
Jun 20, 2002 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
Does anyone have any info on the sound quality from both the headphone out and line out of the Canadian & US versions of the Panasonic SL-CT580 or 780?

-Do they have analog line outs? (If they have line outs at all)
-How is the sound quality?

Thanks very much.

Jun 20, 2002 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Ppl definitely advise against these.

Ya, a few months ago i was thinking of getting these units, until ppl told me about them. They have no line outs i think, so only the phones jack. These 2 models in peticular also have easily snapable lids, which apparently break often.

I would go for a pana 570, or if you and i cant find any (lol, we're both practically looking for the same things), the sony 925 or 725.

Jun 20, 2002 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Actually, the North American version of last year's SL-CT780 had an analog-only line-out in addition to the headphone-out. But it's among the very last Panasonic PCDPs that had one; its successor -- the SL-CT790 -- has no line out whatsoever for the North American market. So the only current Panasonic PCDPs with a line-out in addition to the headphones-out -- the Shockwave Metal models SL-SW895 and SL-SW899V -- are carryovers from last year. But you'll be paying for either the crappy VMSS feature or a mediocre AM/FM radio tuner in addition to the line-out on those Shockwave Metal models.

Jun 20, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 4
dont get the 780. i took mine back countless times for:

1. cover breaking
2. remote breaking.

and the NA version doesnt have a digital out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back