Sound Magic E10 or go for other brands?
Sep 8, 2014 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kelzo

Head-Fier
I got a lot of earphones from $12 and below and was pretty surprised on how Sound Magic performed and how durable it is( been abusing it for months ) Now I'm planning to buy a Sound Magic E10 which pretty much an upgrade for me. I just wanna ask if it's smart to buy the E10 now which is almost 2-3 years old or wait for it's successor if it'll be coming out or just go for another brand on the same price range that's probably newly released. Thanks!

Sep 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 8
The E10 sounds great for the price and likely will still be when it is superseded, you can't go wrong really.

However there are some soundalikes, I really like the Shure SE112 which is a little more costly but really comfortable and with a good cable. The top end is rolled off slightly, but I prefer it to the E10 sound.

The DUNU range starts well with the DN-12 Trident, very similar to the E10 in sound and cost.

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 8
I had the E10's for a while and for the price I don't think you can go wrong. I originally bought them to replace the truly awful stock earbuds you get with the Samsung S3, though I later sold them when I got the Sennheiser IE80's.

Sep 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 8
E10 were actually my gateway drug into
portable audio, I'll never forget when I returned the $80 CX300II because I
preferred the earlier so like the boys have said they get my high recommendation . But if you want to look at something newer and popular take a look at the Pistons.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/703651/the-xiaomi-pistons-thread

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the help though I do really like the twisted cable in E10 as I'm kinda clumsy and I tend to retire my earphones earlier than others. 

It seems that there are no Shure E112, sadly though there is Shure Earphone SE210-A-KCE and Shure Earphone SE110 KCE/K-KCE and I have no idea if they perform with how much they cost which is roughly 70-80 dollars. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #6 of 8
I'm thinking about getting the pistons which will soon be available here in my country but I'm kinda disappointed that the buttons would not work with my Iphone 4s. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 8
I have to say that the E10s have been wonderful for me, they introduced me to a new level of audio i didn't realise existed. I know I am new to this but I stopped using my phone as a player and got an Xduoo X1 for flacs and the E10s love it. I am advancing slowly but the only way is up!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back