Sound/latency issues with Win 11?
Sep 4, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 17
Wanted to do a follow up and conclusion to this. After having tried every upgrade and fix possible, and talking to Intel who could not find a solution, they agreed to give me a full refund for the NUC 12. I read online that others have had similar problems with this specific gen (My old NUC 11 didnt have this issue) so it looks like it might be a design issue.

I gave up on trying to make tiny PCs work and instead went with a mid tower, 12900K, 64GB DDR5 and a 3090 TI. In the case I got (Torrent Compact, all air cooled), the system runs whisper quiet even under load, is a lot more powerful (obviously) so I can run more demanding HQPlayer settings and after a week of use, zero sound/latency issues.

Cheers

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #17 of 17
Wanted to do a follow up and conclusion to this. After having tried every upgrade and fix possible, and talking to Intel who could not find a solution, they agreed to give me a full refund for the NUC 12. I read online that others have had similar problems with this specific gen (My old NUC 11 didnt have this issue) so it looks like it might be a design issue.

I gave up on trying to make tiny PCs work and instead went with a mid tower, 12900K, 64GB DDR5 and a 3090 TI. In the case I got (Torrent Compact, all air cooled), the system runs whisper quiet even under load, is a lot more powerful (obviously) so I can run more demanding HQPlayer settings and after a week of use, zero sound/latency issues.

Cheers
I am envious of your rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back