Sound distortion in Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Remake on PS3
Jun 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rabinzero

New Head-Fier
Ok, since no one else on the entire internet has spoken of this :) I'm wondering if people are ignoring it, don't hear it, or simply don't mention it.  Love the revamped graphics of both of these games, however, the sound from the games is heavily distorted at times.  I'm listening through Q701's that don't have any issue with other games, but put this one on and distortion madness.  It's usually in cut scenes that emit a lot of bass.  I've played games with heavier bass use than this one with no issue, but this game just seems like the sound is off.  When it's not distorted, it's freakin amazing!!!  Anyone else notice this when playing this game?  I even tried with my Denon AH-D1100's and got the same thing.

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 6
What source are you using? If you're using the Mixamp 5.8 with bass boost, some games like this will crap out during heavy bass, regardless of headphone.

I briefly owned this set, but I don't remember the distortion, though I may have been playing off my soundbar, and not with headphones.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 6
Glad you chimed in MLE.  Using the Tritton AX720 the 5.1 decoder box, not the newer 7.1.  Now I do have the decoder box volume cranked all the way up to push the Q701's better and it sounds great with other games.  Should I back the volume down on the box and see what happens?  This game may not need as much "volume"

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 6
The only thing I can think of (and it happens) is that the bass on SOTC/Ico is more than the AX720 can handle. The same thing happens on the Mixamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back