Sound Card swapping w/o restarting
Sep 30, 2004 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tempest811

New Head-Fier
I have a soundblaster for my desktop speakers and an emu 0404 for headphones. is there a way i can switch between these two soundcards without restarting my computer. its really annoying to have to restart just so i can listen with my headphones. and no im definately not plugging my headphones into the soundblaster.

Oct 1, 2004 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 5
Which operating system are you running? My current setup consists of a Revo and the 1212m and I just put a shortcut of the audio controls from the control panel and switch between audio sources that way. Hope this helps.

Fung

Oct 1, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Just switching to "E-mu 0404" from "SB Live 5.1" in "Sounds and Audio" under "Audio" tab in Control Panel doesn't do it? Or is that the culprit?

Oct 1, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 5
If you use the headphones for music with the 0404 and the speakers for gaming with the SB live, then the best solution is to configure foobar/winamp such that it uses the 0404.

The global setting will default to the SB live, i.e everything that you don't specify a different card in will use the SB live by default. That way you won't have to change the global settings every time you want to switch between music and games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back