iriver, poor quality products?
Aug 27, 2004 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Inuyasha

New Head-Fier
After browsing iriver crappy forum, found this pictures posted by someone on their international forum.
DCP_1931.jpg

DCP_1930.jpg

Link

Aug 27, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 22
Some people are ridiculously hard on their things, it's hard to say what the unit has been through. Even worse, the people who are the worst offenders are usually in denial about how hard they are on their gear. Anyway, I wouldn't worry to much about it unless you start hearing about a lot of people having that problem. I have an iFP-180T that appears to have the same original finish and other than a some scratches on the silver (shiny part on the ends) it looks in perfect condition.

Aug 27, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 22
What the hell did he do, dip it in acid? I doubt in regular use that an IHP can end up that way. I had an Ifp-190 for like 2yrs, all it had were some scratches. It looks like he did it on purpose, or photoshopped it. This is definitely his own fault. The screen and other damaged proned places have no scratches but the paint is stripped. Looks suspicious to me. But I'm paranoid, so don't take my word for it.

Aug 27, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i have 3 iriver products and i have to say they are very resistance to scratches actaully. that guy must have scratch it on purpose.

I think so....
mad.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 22
Firstly I am not defending iriver even though at one time or the other I have owned one of their products.
This unit is an IHP100 which might be a pointer to a mistake on the design departments selection for aluminium coating material.
Secondly, This person obviously has kept the player with something that constantly rubs or corrodes the surface.
That just does not cut it if you want a player to stay in pristine condition.
My IHP does not even come out of its case.
thirdly, what was this person thinking about not getting the DAP replaced because of the problems with it.
Just plain stupid IMO
rolleyes.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 22
I'll play devils advocate, I had an ihp-120, I kept it in its case at all times, one day I took it out to clean the inside of the case screen cover and discovered a small bubble in the paint on the left edge of the player. Being curious I touched the bubble and the black paint flaked off on my fingertip. If you check out www.misticriver.net you'll see it's a common complaint.

Of course its purely cosmetic, and as no effect on playback or sound quality.

Aug 27, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #8 of 22
dude i think that fell in a volcano

Aug 27, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #10 of 22
thats whtat happened to mine but NOT AS BAD. only about 3 little circles on the side of the iriver that are wearin away like that. shows a grayish color underneath the black, and ive had this for about 8 months. but thats because i consider the iRiver real tuff fore a mp3 player. so i never did put it in a case.

Aug 27, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
I'll play devils advocate, I had an ihp-120, I kept it in its case at all times, one day I took it out to clean the inside of the case screen cover and discovered a small bubble in the paint on the left edge of the player. Being curious I touched the bubble and the black paint flaked off on my fingertip. If you check out www.misticriver.net you'll see it's a common complaint.

Of course its purely cosmetic, and as no effect on playback or sound quality.

Actually I don't think that more than 10 people at Misticriver have had a problem with paint peeling off. With about 3000 members that gives an approximate incidence of 0.3%. Hardly common is it?

I believe the incidence of cosmetic damage to iPods not kept in a case is significantly higher!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #13 of 22
i remember me scratching away the color of my nice little matchbox cars (when i was a "bit" younger)
smily_headphones1.gif
I used a coin and it definitely looked like the same after i was done
smily_headphones1.gif

i remember my first and last sony ericsson mobile... the finish was wearing out on the sides of it, just from putting it in my pocket, but that looked totally different - but after i saw it, it was time for a coin again and i scatched away the finish... and guess what
smily_headphones1.gif
it looked like on the pictures...

maybe the owner should just cut down his fingernails a bit :p

Aug 27, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 22
Looks like it's been scraped off with a knife.

I had an iHP-100 for about 7 months and never saw any deterioration in the paintwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back