Sony MZ-EH1 *Gallery* - Mr. Minidisc
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #16 of 20
I love minidisc.  I use a Joy Division Zune for everyday listening but MD is still useful for live recording and digitizing analog recordings.
I've posted pictures of some of my blanks here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bat21/sets/72157600084538035/
My collection got a nice mention at http://gizmodo.com/5350774/10-of-your-most-obsessively-nerdy-collections/gallery/1

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #18 of 20
Great post. So many good players of different types have been thought of and manufactured. Sometimes it is a shame that in ways, they get pushed to the side when they can be fun to use and many were of such great quality. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #19 of 20
Congrats on the purchase, I also own a silver EH1 and wish I also had the back version where the cresent shaped sliver stands out against the black colored case. The EH1 and the NH3D are two of the best looking MD players every made IMO.

May 5, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #20 of 20
I just recently obtained this brand new Sony MZ-EH1 minidisc player from our fellow Head-Fi'er 'The Wizard Of Oz' and thought I'd upload a few photos of this rare and beautiful minidisc player.

The docked EH1

Sexy red light

Inserting a disc

Now for a size comparison with the MZ-RH1

On it's throne where it belongs:

I'm sure I'm not the only person out there that has a love for the EH1 or minidiscs in general. Anybody else wanna share any minidisc-related photos?

Love the photos of your EH1 !! looks mint.

I have been into Minidisc since attending Live '94 at Earls Court in London and seeing the MZ-E2. Had an MZ-R3 in 1996, then it was replaced by MZ-R50 in 1998. Got my MDS-JB920 later. Then mid 00's bought an MZ-NH1 and MZ-RH1 IN 2006! This month I'm very pleased to say I managed to replace both OLED displays and rewire the record head on my RH1 to allow it to record again.

I'd love an EH1 to use for playback only purposes to give the RH1 and NH1 a rest, not that I use Minidisc much these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back