Sony MDR-7506
May 25, 2022 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mharris1991

New Head-Fier
I took a digital audio class last semester, and can't help, but to love on these headphones, which I know are common among those in studios, but I love how the design absolutely stamps the $200 pair of Bose headphones I have in it's leather case. After taking that class at the university, and being introduced to the real deal that happens to be half the price of the Bose pair I have, I don't see myself looking back. I play Nintendo Switch, and PS5 games with that pair, and listened to loads of music with it, and even found it to be the perfect pair if I need to EQ a device that will sound right with the other pairs, since this is the most accurate, with no bass boosting, just accurate sound. Can't help, but to love the quality it puts out, and how this flew under my radar for so long. Been through Sennheiser's, other Sony variants of headphones, Panasonic noise-cancelling (big mistake), and a pair of Bose I wore on a overseas trip to Tokyo, and have a pair of my own, and finally discovered this amazing pair after signing up for that class last semester. Best semester requirement "material" ever. I may never spend $2k on a pair of hi-fi headphones, but I know so far that this is the best I've used.

May 25, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Thanks for sharing your experience of the 'best' headphone you've used so far. However, Beat by Dre and Sony are still my to go to.
Appreciate the polite response! Was never a Beats person, but hey, whatever works! Which Sony do you favor the most? I personally have a MDR-ZX310AP that I use as my wear-and-tear pair, while I use my MDR-7506 for home use with the stereo, or FLAC music.

Dec 15, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 6
I realize that I am kind of late to the thread but I just bought a used set of 7506's and am very impressed also. I have never heard any really expensive headphones but I do own some Hifiman 4XX's,
AKG K240's, and K702's. I needed some closed back headphones to block out my wife's tv shows. I ordered some bigger earpads and couldn't be happier with the comfort and sound. Great headphones in my opinion.

Dec 15, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 6
I realize that I am kind of late to the thread but I just bought a used set of 7506's and am very impressed also. I have never heard any really expensive headphones but I do own some Hifiman 4XX's,
AKG K240's, and K702's. I needed some closed back headphones to block out my wife's tv shows. I ordered some bigger earpads and couldn't be happier with the comfort and sound. Great headphones in my opinion.
Nothing to worry about there! Not going to lie, it's a truly solid design! You can't go wrong with MDR-ZX pair for a wear-and-tear one outdoors, or in constant use outside the house! When my dad comes home, and needs complete quiet, I bust out the MDR-7506, and never fails to impress! Just got out of the sound design for games course, and not only did I gather a treasure trove of knowledge for sound, but I appreciate the studio monitor pairs all that much more.

Dec 15, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Nothing to worry about there! Not going to lie, it's a truly solid design! You can't go wrong with MDR-ZX pair for a wear-and-tear one outdoors, or in constant use outside the house! When my dad comes home, and needs complete quiet, I bust out the MDR-7506, and never fails to impress! Just got out of the sound design for games course, and not only did I gather a treasure trove of knowledge for sound, but I appreciate the studio monitor pairs all that much more.
This is my first time hearing about the ZX's. I had to look them up. I might have to try some of those. For $10.00 you can't get hurt to bad. I am really enjoying these 7506's right now though.

May 22, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Opinions on the highs of the 7506 range from harsh to bright yet revealing... I wonder if this is more a personal preference thing or if the Sony's have actually improved over the years with silent updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back