Sony MD Walkman MZ-R90 buttons and jog dial not doing right functions?
Oct 29, 2002 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hongman

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've had a Sony MZ-R90 poratable MD player for the last 2 years almost, and have been really happy with it. However, a few months ago, the unit started exhibiting weird behavior. Sometimes the buttons would mysteriously get mapped to other functions for a while (ie - pushing the jog dial in would actually skip forward a track, pressing stop lowered the volume, etc). Early on it would eventually go away, but these days it's been more and more presistently stuck in this mapped state. Has anyone ever had this sort of problem with their Sony MD portable? Or are there any good sites out there dealing with fixing Sony MD players? I'd like to fix this myself, instead of paying inflated rates to get it fixed at a Sony Repair center.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

Chris

Nov 2, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Sounds like it is time to dig up that remote again!

Maybe you could take the face off, and see if anything is shorting the PCB...?

May 15, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi all,

I've had a Sony MZ-R90 poratable MD player for the last 2 years almost, and have been really happy with it. However, a few months ago, the unit started exhibiting weird behavior. Sometimes the buttons would mysteriously get mapped to other functions for a while (ie - pushing the jog dial in would actually skip forward a track, pressing stop lowered the volume, etc). Early on it would eventually go away, but these days it's been more and more presistently stuck in this mapped state. Has anyone ever had this sort of problem with their Sony MD portable? Or are there any good sites out there dealing with fixing Sony MD players? I'd like to fix this myself, instead of paying inflated rates to get it fixed at a Sony Repair center.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

Chris
Did you ever get a fix for this, I have the same unit with the same fault. Hope at some point you didn't get it fixed and sold it as I may have ended up with it :) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back