Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Jan 2, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #16 of 1,526

I basically do the same. More like SKIMMING the whole thing, but I do read articles too. Just depends. 

Nice. I'm a Flipboard FIEND. lol I'm on that like 4-5 times a day. lol It's basically the same thing. I choose the topics I want, and it displays fresh new articles related to those topics several times a day. I love it! I also go on IGN somewhat often too. I really like their reviews. Very "on-point" the way Ebert's movie reviews were better than all the rest before he passed on. I like also that I can scroll down in IGN reviews to see the "rating score" they gave on something (Scale of 1-10). 

I dunno, I might? MAYBE. But I said that about the LG V20 and I still didn't get it. lol Though the screen is good on the V20, my cousin said the camera is "good but not consistent". If this stuff they're saying about the HTC 11 having an even better overall DxOMark camera score than the Google Pixel is true, that makes it hard to ignore. HOWEVER, everything I'm reading is saying that there will be THREE Ocean phones, not just 1. So it's highly unlikely that the Note will be the only good one. As long as they use Snapdragon and not MediaTek (keep that MediaTek cr*p for the mid-ranger "Ocean Smart" lol), then I'm open to it. Still waiting to hear on the speaker placement too. But see that thread I just posted for more GREAT info. Like ceramic body, "bump" on the back camera, etc. 

Yeah I'll be open to the G6 too, but since HTC is claiming BEST camera and it'll have a bump (I assume all 3 will have the bump), then I have faith in them. I mean, they ARE using Sony's camera sensors. 
atsmile.gif

htc 10 audio performance
10/10 -IGN
lol

I wanted the htc 10 but the subpar camera performance really made me withdraw from buying it, so it sounds like the htc 11 will fit all the missing things of the htc 10
and check out the leaked 835 documenets http://videocardz.com/65139/qualcomm-snapdragon-835 looks fairly promising but it will use largely the same processor

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #17 of 1,526
  htc 10 audio performance
10/10 -IGN
lol

I wanted the htc 10 but the subpar camera performance really made me withdraw from buying it, so it sounds like the htc 11 will fit all the missing things of the htc 10
and check out the leaked 835 documenets http://videocardz.com/65139/qualcomm-snapdragon-835 looks fairly promising but it will use largely the same processor

Really? lol I don't think I caught their review on it but NICE! 

Yeah, I was kinda the same, though I felt the camera was very good, just not AS sharp as the S7 or XP (but again, still more color-accurate than the S7 lol). At the time I was really excited about the Sony XP but had no clue how dismal its battery life would be for me. lol I leave it on Stamina Mode pretty much all the time now. lol Also, the one speaker being (mis)placed at the bottom of the 10 was another turnoff. 

Yeah man...........it does. What do u think about the ceramic body? The (slight?) camera bump? I'm all for both. If a slight bump is what it takes to get the 11 a "90 or better" on DxOMark, then F it!!! lol 

I really LOVE the no buttons thing. HTC needs to shake things up, and that will DEF get ppl's attention I believe. 

Yeah it is promising. I like that it allows for full compatibility with Quick Charge 4.0 too. Wow, half the power consumption of the 801? Smaller than the 820 so more room for a bigger battery? I like it! lol 

It's more than likely the HTC 11 phones will get the Snapdragon 830 not 835 though, but the 830 is still fully compatible with QC 4.0, so I'm still happy. lol 

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #18 of 1,526

Really? lol I don't think I caught their review on it but NICE! 

Yeah, I was kinda the same, though I felt the camera was very good, just not AS sharp as the S7 or XP (but again, still more color-accurate than the S7 lol). At the time I was really excited about the Sony XP but had no clue how dismal its battery life would be for me. lol I leave it on Stamina Mode pretty much all the time now. lol Also, the one speaker being (mis)placed at the bottom of the 10 was another turnoff. 

Yeah man...........it does. What do u think about the ceramic body? The (slight?) camera bump? I'm all for both. If a slight bump is what it takes to get the 11 a "90 or better" on DxOMark, then F it!!! lol 

I really LOVE the no buttons thing. HTC needs to shake things up, and that will DEF get ppl's attention I believe. 

Yeah it is promising. I like that it allows for full compatibility with Quick Charge 4.0 too. Wow, half the power consumption of the 801? Smaller than the 820 so more room for a bigger battery? I like it! lol 

It's more than likely the HTC 11 phones will get the Snapdragon 830 not 835 though, but the 830 is still fully compatible with QC 4.0, so I'm still happy. lol 

snapdragon 830 is for release on H2 2017, so there is absolutely no chance it will use it, every manufacturer will come out with a 835 device because that will be the best and only high end offering from qualcomm for the first half of 2017. I don't know about no buttons, we need the power button for screen off/on, turning the device on, camera shortcuts, and volume buttons will always be the most consistent. To be honest I highly doubt htc will ditch their signature metal unibody that they pioneered just to look more like the typical sony/samsung/xiaomi which doesn't help htc distinguish itself from the others as much as they normally do. The htc 10 although having the identical sensor as the nexus 6p, fell completely short regarding low light performance, video quality, color accuracy, and noise levels so a huge jump in performance will be great

Jan 2, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 1,526
  snapdragon 830 is for release on H2 2017, so there is absolutely no chance it will use it, every manufacturer will come out with a 835 device because that will be the best and only high end offering from qualcomm for the first half of 2017. I don't know about no buttons, we need the power button for screen off/on, turning the device on, camera shortcuts, and volume buttons will always be the most consistent. To be honest I highly doubt htc will ditch their signature metal unibody that they pioneered just to look more like the typical sony/samsung/xiaomi which doesn't help htc distinguish itself from the others as much as they normally do. The htc 10 although having the identical sensor as the nexus 6p, fell completely short regarding low light performance, video quality, color accuracy, and noise levels so a huge jump in performance will be great

835 coming out before the 830? Hmm.......interesting. lol

Well we'll see. The guy said his buddy told him NO buttons. lol I'm interested to see how it works. Maybe it'll have one button somewhere added in? And ceramic body too sounds different. 

Yeah.......... I would LOVE it if they took the top spot this year. They've been the underdog for far too long, even in 2016. lol

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #20 of 1,526

835 coming out before the 830? Hmm.......interesting. lol

Well we'll see. The guy said his buddy told him NO buttons. lol I'm interested to see how it works. Maybe it'll have one button somewhere added in? And ceramic body too sounds different. 

Yeah.......... I would LOVE it if they took the top spot this year. They've been the underdog for far too long, even in 2016. lol

yeah qualcomm has no idea what they are doing it seems lol. Some say the 830 will be a lower end model, while others are saying it will be a slightly more refined model like the 801 or 821. Either way the name and release schedule don't make sense. It reminds me of how qualcomm changed the name of the snapdragon 620 to 652 in the middle of nowhere and made the 620 just a refined 615....

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #22 of 1,526
  So wait, Sony is BRINGING BACK the Z series?! lol 

Aertus? lol 

I wouldn't count on it. A lot of these rumors are just concepts or wishful thinking from fans, I remember all the rumors regarding the xperia z ultra 2 and xperia z2 with this amazing revolutionary display tech, giant sensor, huge battery, and xenon flash. We didn't get anything lol. Unless a rumor has a actual credible leaked information, I wouldn't even waste a grain of salt on it lol. But z7 does sound pretty cool

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #23 of 1,526
  I wouldn't count on it. A lot of these rumors are just concepts or wishful thinking from fans, I remember all the rumors regarding the xperia z ultra 2 and xperia z2 with this amazing revolutionary display tech, giant sensor, huge battery, and xenon flash. We didn't get anything lol. Unless a rumor has a actual credible leaked information, I wouldn't even waste a grain of salt on it lol. But z7 does sound pretty cool

Ok. lol 

Yeah...............it does. But if it's a phablet as some say it may be, then I wouldn't buy it anyway. lol We'll just have to see. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #24 of 1,526
the htc10 is a great phone as per 2016. The camera is still better than the s7. 

ALso, I'm pretty sure the camera on the XZ is better than the google pixel despite lower score. I'm pretty sure if you change the settings you'll get a better camera than any other. But Google HDR really is something else. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #25 of 1,526
  the htc10 is a great phone as per 2016. The camera is still better than the s7. 

ALso, I'm pretty sure the camera on the XZ is better than the google pixel despite lower score. I'm pretty sure if you change the settings you'll get a better camera than any other. But Google HDR really is something else. 

I would agree that the 10 is more color accurate than the S7, but the S7 from my comparisons was still better at displaying fine details. The XP had the best of BOTH phones.......the same color accuracy as the 10, and the same level of detail as the S7. And that was in Superior Auto too!

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #26 of 1,526
Htc 10 < s7 < pixel < 6p
This is how I would rate them overall with no bias towards or against a company. The htc 10 was absolutely terrible for low light even with the same sensor as the 6p and had weird tints at dark. Xperias best strength imo is the video stabilization, s7 being fast auto focus, 6p being accurate colors and low light. Pixel was disappointing and only had bettwr dynamic range in good lighting

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #27 of 1,526
Htc 10 < s7 < pixel < 6p
This is how I would rate them overall with no bias towards or against a company. The htc 10 was absolutely terrible for low light even with the same sensor as the 6p and had weird tints at dark. Xperias best strength imo is the video stabilization, s7 being fast auto focus, 6p being accurate colors and low light. Pixel was disappointing and only had bettwr dynamic range in good lighting

Several (rumor) articles are stating the HTC 11 is gonna be really great with low light, so there's hope that HTC can still rebound around that issue. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #28 of 1,526
the dynamic range of the pixel is really something else though. it really brings out stuff from the shadows you can't with other phones. THe software is really intelligent on it. 

xperia has the fastest focus too and the best stabilization. Also probably the best color accuracy too of any other phone and coupled with great detail and low noise. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #29 of 1,526
  the dynamic range of the pixel is really something else though. it really brings out stuff from the shadows you can't with other phones. THe software is really intelligent on it. 

xperia has the fastest focus too and the best stabilization. Also probably the best color accuracy too of any other phone and coupled with great detail and low noise. 

I'll agree on color accuracy, though I though the 10's was about equal. But the other stuff it's prob best, though I haven't compared it to the Pixel. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #30 of 1,526

it does this by taking the photos with a lower exposure than normal which allows it to extract more detail. Low light performance suffers because of this, and the colors are no longer accurate, they have the same if not more saturation than samsung now. But under the right circumstances and lighting can look really good

The xperia does not have as fast of an auto focus, that is just fact. The s7 uses a full phase detection only camera in every pixel unlike sony which uses a combination of both contrast and phase detection. Samsung markets this as "dual pixel" but I really hate this word since it is made up just for marketing, the 6p has the best color accuracy on a objective basis. Sony isn't bad but to let your company preference decide which is more accurate really isn't the best for debate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back