Sony Fontopia Earphones
Dec 7, 2001 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mullaghmore1

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am a new member so please forgive any lack of manners in my early days. My problem seems quite simple,Ihope. I own a MZR-500 Mini Disc, I discarded the earphones that came with as I was advised they were of poor quality. I searched through the Internet & the name that came up time@time again was Sony Fontopia Earphones. I bought a pair over 2 weeks ago & have not yet been able to use them. Although they came with 3 different size of earbud I am unable to insert the buds into my ears in the proper manner. I have tried every different angle & am unable to go too far in case of ear injury. It should be quite a simple operation. I feel that the whole thing is causing me to try to hard & if sombody with experience of these type of earphones were to give me a few tips the problem could be overcome.

Regards,
Mullaghmore.

Dec 7, 2001 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello and welcome to Head-Fi!

Which model in the Fontopia series did you purchase? I believe that this is a line of Sony earbuds, so it'd help to know which one you're talking about.
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2001 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 8
I suspect he's talking about the EX70's.

Lick em and stick em. Get em deep - that should do the trick.

I personally own these headphones and I have to say that I think they're awful - great for noise reduction but too much bass too much screech and too little mid.

They are good for listening to classical music at night at really REALLY low levels though.

Dec 8, 2001 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by mullaghmore1
Hi, I am a new member so please forgive any lack of manners in my early days. My problem seems quite simple,Ihope. I own a MZR-500 Mini Disc, I discarded the earphones that came with as I was advised they were of poor quality. I searched through the Internet & the name that came up time@time again was Sony Fontopia Earphones. I bought a pair over 2 weeks ago & have not yet been able to use them. Although they came with 3 different size of earbud I am unable to insert the buds into my ears in the proper manner. I have tried every different angle & am unable to go too far in case of ear injury. It should be quite a simple operation. I feel that the whole thing is causing me to try to hard & if sombody with experience of these type of earphones were to give me a few tips the problem could be overcome.

Regards,
Mullaghmore.

Hi again, The exact type of earphones are Sony MDR-EX70LP with 3 sizes of earbuds.

Dec 8, 2001 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 8
Ehh there is absolutely no way the EX70s can go in far enough to cause "ear injury". You really need just a good seal, which does not necessarily mean pushing them in as far as they go... just until the ear hole has been covered really.

Dec 8, 2001 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 8
If I haven't hurt myself with my Ety insertion procedure, I highly doubt any other earphone will...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back