Sony Discman D-121 a hidden gem
May 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

karmypolitics

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, for starters, I haven't had any experience with any of the classics like the d555, or even the d-34.

The D-121 sounds pretty darn good. Compared to to the D-e301 discman (10 sec anti-skip) or the Panasonic SL-S200 (again, anti-skip) the 121 seems to have a more expansive soundstage. Stuff just sounds clearer. Also, bass seems to extend far deeper, while on the other two, the bass seems kind of muffled and boomy. 

Only takes 2 AA batteries, which actually matters to me. and the industrial design is pretty neat. 

May 29, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 3
Okay, for starters, I haven't had any experience with any of the classics like the d555, or even the d-34.

The D-121 sounds pretty darn good. Compared to to the D-e301 discman (10 sec anti-skip) or the Panasonic SL-S200 (again, anti-skip) the 121 seems to have a more expansive soundstage. Stuff just sounds clearer. Also, bass seems to extend far deeper, while on the other two, the bass seems kind of muffled and boomy.

Only takes 2 AA batteries, which actually matters to me. and the industrial design is pretty neat.
Does it have a Line Out? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back