sony dfj 401
May 9, 2003 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RobertR

100+ Head-Fier
i wanted to try out a newer player so I got this baby from r. shack
What a surprise from the hp output . clear and powerful for 5mw x 2 @ 16ohm. This little jewel compares favorably with my D-303 and D-33. Not quite as articulate on the high end and the mega bass is awful which i don"t use anyway.
It also has a fair fm and very sensitive am section plus tv channels(who needs em) and weather band which is nice with all the tornados weve had here lately in the midwest.

Anyway if someone is looking for a new pcdp and can't find an older sony this one I recommend very highly.
I think sony has already replaced this one so you might find a closeout price somewhere.

May 9, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 3
The DFJ401 is a nice player. Debenhams in the UK had some in stock at £99 a few months back.

It does sound rather good. It's a little limited on features but at the end of the day as long it plays music that's all that matters.

I've always found the FM section to be a little weak but that maybe due my being quite a distance from the main transmitters in the area. The antenna for the FM is actually your headphone cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back