sony D-EJ01 vs D777
Oct 18, 2001 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
Guys,
I am wondering wheter the j01 is better than the d777. I bought the jo1 yesterday, and found the megabass distort quite a lot. Well...I hope you can give me some input on this, thanks....
I am talking sound quality and such....

Oct 18, 2001 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 10
Megabass is bad for you. Don't use it
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2001 at 6:34 AM Post #3 of 10
The D-EJ01 looks nicer, is smaller, and has way better battery life and antiskip...

as for sound... not even close if you're talking about the headphone out...

Oct 18, 2001 at 6:34 AM Post #4 of 10
How about the bass on d777? Does it suck too? I have heard they sound superb!! Well...I really think my panasonic sl-s650 easily sound surpass this top of the line sony. What do u think?

Oct 18, 2001 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 10
I've auditioned D-EJ01 carefully w/ my DIY amp & ER-4s. I must say it sounded like a pretty bad CDP to me. It was too bassy even without the mega-bass. I don't like the look of the unit either, it's so thick, big & heavy comparing to my CT570. AND there is no LCD on the CDP so you'll have no idea which track you're listening to unless you use the remote control. anyway, it sucks!

Oct 18, 2001 at 6:05 PM Post #6 of 10
I know that it's a very bad sounding player, but otherwise it's an owesome unit. I actually bought this very cheap and plan to sell it anyway. i thought the sound quality of this cd is in the same league with their cousin, D777.
Well, I don't think sony makes any good sounding md and discman anymore. Shame on Sony..... And I think their products are going downhill....
mad.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif

Oct 18, 2001 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 10
oh, I didn't notice you own the D-EJ01, purk. I shouldn't bad mouth it before you sell it...
biggrin.gif

well, I heard some good things about D-EJ915. Maybe you should audition the unit, it should be cheaper than EJ01. One thing I find interesting about Sony's products is they don't seem to use the same electronics in each of their portable CDPs. For example, D-EJ815, D-EJ915 and D-EJ01 sound completely different! and they're all under the D-EJ line.

Oct 18, 2001 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 10
D777 blows the EJ01 out of the water and I have personally heard both CD players. D777 has a more powerful amp while the EJ01 has a weaker one. However, I have the old sony D-842k with the old volume wheel. It came out about the same time as the D777, it was cheaper, and it sounds warmer than the D777.

I have EJ915. Avoid it if you can unless you get an awesome deal on a used one. I hate it and I wish I never heard of the sony brand name after I bought it. It has no bass and it sounds trebly. People who do have the EJ915 and uses the optical outs claim it sounds great. Too bad, I don't have a headphone amp to accept optical outs.

Oct 18, 2001 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 10
yep yep....totally agree....
Sony products is still a good quality product, but their sound quality is being weaken due to the lower comsumption of their chip design.
Anyway, I don't have any problem to sell this baby...so...well...shame on their products.
I also used to have a really old sony discman from 1989 and this cd player was the best sounding portable pcdp I ever had. Well, I will try to get my hand on the D777 then.

Oct 19, 2001 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Too bad, I don't have a headphone amp to accept optical outs.

Just setting you straight
smily_headphones1.gif

Optical is a digital signal and requires a Digital->Analog convertor... Amplifiers only can input Analog... that line out is an analog line output/optical output hybrid jack, which I think is pretty cool in implementation.

Oh yeah I have the EJ815... I'm not really angry at it nor am I happy at it... I sure do like how they are sleek though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back