Sonicweld Diverter 24/96 USB to SDPIF Converter
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
Introducing the new Sonicweld Diverter 24/96 USB to SDPIF Converter!!!

3591865042_5e686201a9.jpg

This was debuted at CanJam and the response was overwhelming. I will have the details on my website this week.

I will be offering this product as well. This is now take permanent residency in my personal rig!!

3591865208_3581382835.jpg

Details from CryoParts:

This is the first in a line of products that I have commissioned from Josh Heiner at Sonicweld. Sonicweld is well known in the high end audio business as producers of some of (if not, "THE") the finest active loudpspeakers on the planet. He has collaborated with some of the top digital audio companies today, including working very closely with DEQX on their newest processor. Josh's expertise in high speed digital design is also well known outside the audio industry as he is the "go to guy" for complicated and/or stalled military and medical projects. Simply put, he succeeds where other have failed, many times taking over a stalled project and getting it finished in months, where it had been previously been languishing for years.

3591863762_05957fbe45.jpg

The products Sonicweld produces are not only marvels of engineering and industrial design, but all of their products are of reference quality. Those who know me, know that I use the Sonicweld Pulserod system as my reference when I am designing anything new as it is an amazing tool for comparing minute differences among parts. The only "downside" to Sonicweld's prodcts is that they are quite expensive, for example, the Pulserod system currently lists for $100,000. It is worth every penny, but I have been thinking for years that it would be nice to get him to design some "real world" products, that many more audio lovers could afford to purchase and increase their enjoyment of recorded music.

3591056305_fd395e6882.jpg

So, recently, I comissioned a custom passive set of loudpspeakers from Sonicweld so that I had a reference to listen through when discerning differences in tube types and loudspeaker cables. This experience prompted us to begin working more closely on a few items that are not only cutting edge, meticulously designed, and of flawless manufacture. Best of all, these products will be affordable and still made here right in the USA. The product below is the first device to come from our efforts.

3591863296_60f647041f.jpg

Sonicweld Diverter USB to SPDIF converter. This is one of a very few select USB to SPDIF devices that can pass bit perfect 24/96 files via USB. The other devices on the market that can pass 24/96 over USB either require a special driver, or are licensed technology from a very large company, this product is different. This device needs no special drivers or software and is not licensed from the same company that others are using. This is a unique and elegant solution that will allow computer audio afficionados to get one step closer to the live music experience.

Even if one has no need for the ability to listen to 24/96 high resolution music files (although you owe it to yourself to do so...), this device will enhance your experience with 'regular' 16/44.1 CD quality files due to the advanced high speed digital design techniques and PCB layout employed. If you have a high end DAC and listen to music off of a computer, you need this device.

A great deal of time and attention has been paid to the power supply circuit, allowing the Diverter to draw power directly from the USB bus, while still realizing the benefits of an external power supply. Elegant PCB design making extensive use of SMD parts and high speed digital design techniques, aggressive common and differential mode filtering and unique ultra low-noise power regulation circuits, allows this device to have an astonishingly low noise floor when powered by the convenient USB bus power, which is already (and always) present. No longer needed, desired, or wanted, is the ubiquitous external, noisy and unwieldy "wall wart" (or "floor wart") of unknown quality and manufacturing tolerance!

Passes up to 24/96 data via USB
No special drivers or software needed
Unique internal power supply regulation for optimum performance using USB bus power - no external power supply needed!
Aggressive common and differential mode filtration circuit designed for optimum performance using USB bus power
All bypass caps are non-microphonic SMT film types
Active inrush current management protects USB controller
Custom silver-plated six layer circuit boards use of high speed digital design PCB layout techniques, with multiple ground and power planes
Custom machined enclosure milled from T-6061 solid billet aluminum alloy with stainless steel constrained layer damping plates
Ultra high quality, ruggedized, Amphenol USB "B" input
WBT RCA coaxial digital output
Use of this device is incredibly simple: plug it in, wait for the drivers to load in Windows (the device will show up as "Sonicweld Diverter 2496") and go. Or, with Mac, plug it in, go to "properties" and select the "Sonicweld Diverter 2496" in the audio control panel device and go! Verified to work with all Windows OS from 98 on (including Windows 7 beta), all Mac OSX or later, and Linux Ubuntu.

For optimum performance, please use a high quality USB cable from CryoParts USB Cable, or better yet, a Locus Design Custom USB Cable.

$1299 Introductory special, $999! Hurry, offer will not last long!
Order Info: http://www.whiplashaudio.com/amplifiers/usb-spdif.html

Allow 7-10 days for delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back