Something to keep th' noise out (earbuds/closed headphones <$100)
Nov 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pirakaphile

500+ Head-Fier
So much as it pains me to even think about earbuds or headphones that don't go dancing nude all over my head, I have to admit I'm getting pretty pissed at my apple ear pod things. I need something to keep annoying people out of my mind, and present music into my brain without sounding mushy or tinny or pathetic. I'm in need of.. *sigh* A portable headphone.

I've been looking at the HiFiMAN RE400s for a few days now, but I'd like more opinions on budget earbuds/headphones. I won't wear on-ear cans due to my glasses and weird ears, so it has to be over ear or in-ear. Also, they'll have to be able to play anything from Beethoven to The Police, so I'm gonna need a genremaster. They'll be driven out of my phone, since I'm not endowed with riches from the heavens and won't be able to afford anything to give more power.

Don't think I've left anything out, so go ahead and toss your terrible (wonderful) ideas all over the place.

Thanks a bit!

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 2
Plenty of choices on ljokerl's massive review list: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-328-iems-compared-lear-luf-4f-luf-4b-luf-4c-added-11-07-14-p-994

RE400 is probably a good choice, others include the Shure SE215, Ultimate Ears 600, Havi B3, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, Vsonic VSD3S, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back