some advice to get started....!!!
Jun 6, 2002 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Risingrobot

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

after I’ve been a passive spectator of this wonderful forum, and have my little one year old princess turning my office in her playground instead of my listening room, I’ve got myself(thanks to all the wonderful information found on this forum) a Sennheiser HD600, a MG Head OTL amplifier and a Music Hall CD-25 with Audioquest Diamondback Interconnects cable. After half an hour warm-up the system started to give something that left me speechless. I’m very happy about the choice I made buying this system instead of traditional speakers and integrate one; is there any advice, beside enjoying it as much as I can, to get the best out of my investment?

TIA

Jun 6, 2002 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi Risingrobot, welcome to Head-Fi.

Search the forums for some tuberolling suggestions. Using different tubes will have a definite effect on the sound. Nick Dangerous put together some great threads on rolling the tubes in his MG Head OTL.

Edit: Here is a link to his tube rolling guide: Nick Dangerous' MG Head OTL Tube Rolling Guide

Jun 6, 2002 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Welcome to Headfi Risingrobot,
I think the best thing to do now is to just keep on listening and enjoy your new purchases. After awhile, you'll discover what you like and don't like. Then you can seek out ways to improve your sound with tweaks such as tube rolling. Or if you're impatient you can just get a few set of tubes and start rolling now, as JMT had suggested.

Jun 6, 2002 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 4
There are all sorts of ways to improve your system, all of which have been well-documented on these forums in the past. A small sample is as follows:

- New interconnects (AQ Diamondbacks aren't that great, in my opinion).
- Aftermarket power cables for your CDP and amp.
- Vibrapods for the CDP.
- Aftermarket cables for the Senns.
- A power conditioner.
- NOS tubes.

Wasif.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back