SOLVED - Where to buy in-akustik cables in the US
Oct 19, 2022 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

elrey

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I am trying to find in-akustik reference air (RCA) cables here in the US. Any ideas where to find those? (google didn't help).
Thanks!

Oct 20, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 10
Oct 20, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 10
Their brand of cables always looked really pretty visually and well engineered, their power conditioner interior looked very simple/basic on the surface, so that made me a bit hesitant/unsure of them. What is your experience with the brand?

Oct 21, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Their brand of cables always looked really pretty visually and well engineered, their power conditioner interior looked very simple/basic on the surface, so that made me a bit hesitant/unsure of them. What is your experience with the brand?
I can't afford their power conditioners, but I like their modular design in which you can "customize" the power conditioner according to your requirements (audio/video, digital or analog only). In terms of simplicity, from what I understand, a power conditioner should be a couple of capacitors and coils. No fancy chips or circuit boards should be required. I have a Furman power conditioner (mid-level) with a bunch of capacitors and one coil.

I haven't received the cable yet, but according to my pre-purchase research, I expect it to be on the upper end of the spectrum.

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 10
I can't afford their power conditioners, but I like their modular design in which you can "customize" the power conditioner according to your requirements (audio/video, digital or analog only). In terms of simplicity, from what I understand, a power conditioner should be a couple of capacitors and coils. No fancy chips or circuit boards should be required. I have a Furman power conditioner (mid-level) with a bunch of capacitors and one coil.

I haven't received the cable yet, but according to my pre-purchase research, I expect it to be on the upper end of the spectrum.
Update after you receive cable, they definitely look beautiful and the company seems to be well funded. Goliath.

Oct 25, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 10
Update after you receive cable, they definitely look beautiful and the company seems to be well funded. Goliath.
The cable is indeed high quality. I have no way to test or measure, but I hear an improvement. It is so thick that it is hard just to replace an existing cable. I needed to re-route it, and I made supports to not stress the RCA connectors.
The cable comes well packaged, with individual measurements for each cable, and feels well made. As I mentioned, it is thick but not stiff. The instructions state that you should not squeeze the cable; it feels soft when you apply tangential pressure.

Attachments

• inakustik - 1.jpeg
    inakustik - 1.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 0
  • inakustik - 2.jpeg
    inakustik - 2.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 0
  • inakustik - 5.jpeg
    inakustik - 5.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 0
  • inakustik - 6.jpeg
    inakustik - 6.jpeg