Snipped my Head, C4S experience, other mods, and headphone suggestions...
Nov 10, 2002 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jlharden

Head-Fier
Yep, I winged it yesterday. I tend to agree with what's been said. My unit has always been one of the quiet ones, but developed the left channel buzz after removing the negative feedback. After twisting the power wires and rerouting as far as possible from the left channel tube socket noise has been reduced to an accceptable level. I certainly am feeling a need to roll some nice tubes through my Head now, I'm sure from past tuberolling experience's this will take the amp to a new level. Any other easy mods to extract more from the little guy? Has anyone tried the C4S boards in conjunction with the wing mod? What's the consensus on the best headphone for the modded Head? Thanks, J

Nov 11, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 2
The headphones that I felt benefited the most from the Wing mod were the Senn HD600s. The midrange projected an uncanny realism and the "veil" that I always felt was there with the 600s was gone. The only problem was that there was a diminished bass response. But the tradeoff, at least for me, was well worth it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back