Small Player with Android/Apple Music
Jul 19, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

i´m searching for a small (smallest) player wich supports Apple Music. Any hints are welcome.

Kind Regards, Markus

Don't have it yet, but the Shanling M3 Ultra is supposedly the smallest Android player. Check its thread for Apple Music compatibility.

Jul 21, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 5
My Sony A307 is about smallest size you could comfortably work with Android so I wouldn't go smaller if one exists.

Apple Music & Spotify work fine, Amazon Music app plays once going but a bit sluggish in operation.

M3 Ultra looks to be much bigger but does have Balanced output & more power if you need that.

Be aware Sony DAP's in EU/UK/US are volume capped so may not have enough max volume, reason I always import Sony DAP's from Japan. In case of A306/A307 the non-capped volume ones can be about 20-25 volume steps lower than you would need on an EU one for same volume output.

My most demanding IEM's are Sony IER-Z1R where I listen around 80-85 in Walkman App (would need 85-90 in Spotify) where with EU one you would need 100-105 out of maximum of 120.

If wanting to drive reasonably demanding headphones A306/A307 maybe not enough power, especially EU/US/UK versions. Japanese version drove my Sen HD660S fine which I think are 150 ohm, but I don't use headphones any more now, just IEM's.

The Sony's 3.5mm sound quality is excellent and I don't really miss balanced output even though I do still use 4.4mm balanced with my Fiio BTR7.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 5
+1 for A306/A307, a tiny player with the full power of Android 12 and excellent build quality from Sony, everything is "just in the right way"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back