Hello everyone,

There is a similar thread to this one, but what I'm looking for is a bit unique
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to find a band, which sounds similar to this:
YouTube - Terje Haakonsen NZ Powder

- little or no vocals
- slow, but loud drums
- heavy guitar

Could you please recommend me anything like this?

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Pelican? I would think their early (better IMHO) stuff like the crushing Mammoth, or March Into The Sea would be too heavy for you, but their last, City of Echoes could be up your alley....In between there was Australasia & The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw, both of which have acoustic numbers also. You may like either of those, but they are heavier than City...

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pelican? I would think their early (better IMHO) stuff like the crushing Mammoth, or March Into The Sea would be too heavy for you, but their last, City of Echoes could be up your alley....In between there was Australasia & The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw, both of which have acoustic numbers also. You may like either of those, but they are heavier than City...

+1 on the Pelican

City of Echoes is all I've given a good listen to, but it's about the speed you seem to be looking for.

Jun 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 10
Listening to City of Echoes again last night - tbh, I didn't think it was much good. Sigh. I used to love Pelican....

New recommendation: Isis - In The Absence of Truth - much better!

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 10
LOL -I agree, but I dunno if the OP will like the vocals! 'Swhy I went with Truth - a tamer beast....

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back