SLOW!! adds are eating up the load in time
May 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2
just to bring this back to the front.  The head-fi page is painfully slow to load on every page.  the active adds change size and eat up reloading times.  I'm running a 2nd gen ipod, and mac 4g running tiger.  yes, older systems, but other forum sites run without problem.  example:  audiokarma.org.  uses the same forum design that head-fi used to.  runs fine.  Yes, the new head-fi is prettier, but I go here less then half as much as I used to because of the horribly slow experience.  No fun.

May 8, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 2
just to bring this back to the front.  The head-fi page is painfully slow to load on every page.  the active adds change size and eat up reloading times.  I'm running a 2nd gen ipod, and mac 4g running tiger.  yes, older systems, but other forum sites run without problem.  example:  audiokarma.org.  uses the same forum design that head-fi used to.  runs fine.  Yes, the new head-fi is prettier, but I go here less then half as much as I used to because of the horribly slow experience.  No fun.

pretty sure there's a page about that already... Amazon ones or something else? http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/547337/amazon-com-ad-is-causing-head-fi-browser-to-respond-extremely-slow-when-it-shows-up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back