slim stick/gum batteries for iriver imp player
May 3, 2003 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
hi i seem to have a very hard time finding a website online with these battery because there is no standard name for it and they are so hard to find. i go to radioshack and find 2 of them but they were under 1400mah and low quality. and where bundle up with the others 400 laptop batteries. do anyone know where they sell these specificly. i think they are ni-mh batteries, how are these compared to ni-cd, i think ni-mh are suppose to be better

May 3, 2003 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 2
You can order them from the iRiver online store. They're under accessories. $20 for a pair.

I'm think somebody posted in the Portable Audio forum about an alternative source a few weeks ago. I did a quick search and couldn't find the message, but I'm pretty sure it was here that I read about it.

The NiCad/NiMH decision depends a lot on the particular usage. NiMH can have much greater capacity and are generally good in situations that require high current drain. NiMH are also said not to develop a memory, though like many issues surrounding batteries, there are some that will dispute that. The only real drawback to NiMH is they self-discharge at a much higher rate than NiCads. They lose about 1% of their total charge per day.

For situations with low current drain and a desire for longer shelf life between uses, NiCads can still be a better solution than NiMH. I prefer NiCads in portable radios and in cordless mice because the current requirement is low and the longer shelf life of the NiCads is useful. For most uses, though, NiMH are the better choice. They're also a lot easier on the environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back