Sleek customs
Jan 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Huxley

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone have these, what are they like?

Im after well an iem with punchy tight bass but not overpowering, the sort that works with the music not changing it, beautifully clear midrange and a treble with plenty of sparkle but not shrill or fatiguing.

Are they capable of this?

I have never had customs before, im hoping for say a translucent black with gold glitter effect and clear tips so i can see any wax build up.

Im also thinking medium canal length and bass + treble + maybe treble ++

My current iem's are super fi 5 pro's but i find they muddy the bass and lack clout, the mids recessed and the treble lacking sparkle.

Jan 2, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 9
Oh ive been through them all hence my choosing them over more expensive brands.
biggrin.gif

You are right they do seem exactly what im looking for, im just itching for sleek to respond to my email so i can order the things, impressions are being done this monday.

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 9
Right bill has now been in touch and thrown a plethora of ideas my way, im kinda lost for words lol.

Im thinking.

Black glitter shell/top plate
no graphics
top cable swing
bass+ treble+
medium canal length

Ok, all ordered, now to sort my impressions on monday and im good to go.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 9
I'm just wondering if anyone that has these know how long it takes them to make? Bill started working on mine on Wednesday and I can't wait
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #6 of 9
From what bill told me typical turnaround is 3-5 days but they have the ces show coming up so might be a couple weeks, but he did assure me they were on top of it.

Im in no big hurry anyway id rather they do a top job rather than rush it through.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

There are lots of reviews out there, Google is your friend: sleek-audio customs review - Google-søgning

Lots of reviews? I can find one, the TechPowerUp one, to which all the other pages found by Google seem to link. Shlashgear has promised another review but has yet to deliver.

This is my first post here since my student's days; I now have a job and can afford better IEMs than the ones I used to buy. As a prospective customer, I'd really like to read one of those other numerous reviews you mention. If you could provide me with the link to one of them -- aside from the TechPowerUp one, of course --, I'd be thankful. I have, of course, read the ones (one, really, deserving of the name) on these as-usual-very-useful boards.

I also wish I could see a picture of these babies in someone's ear. I don't really care how pretty they look on a table or even, as on the CES photos, in a perfect plastic ear. Up to now, the best I've found is: CRW_2415 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can see a picture of the Sleeks in my ear right here: Sleek-Audio Custom Earphones - techPowerUp! Forums
There are a couple of reviews on Head-Fi as well which are really good. You used to be able to find them via Google, but the ranking system pushes them down due to the number of sites linking to TechPowerUp.com.

Curse you and your popularity.
wink.gif

Thank you for the review, though, and now for the link! This photo gives me a much better idea of how the IEM actually fits. It does seem a little big to sleep on one's side with... Is it just me, or do the Livewires protrude less?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechPowerUp review
Noise attenuation wise these block out just as much noise as my other in-ears no noticeable difference here.

How would that compare to regular foam earplugs? Only one of my pairs of IEMs provides sound attenuation comparable to those; all the others fall far short.

Any experience exercising with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back