SL-CT580....gumstick batteries..???
Nov 24, 2002 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mook

New Head-Fier
Just a small question for anyone who has this PCDP...

Are all gumsticks the same? I've been searching and reading for hours now, and can't find a definite answer. I've come across some Sony gumsticks that I can pick up for 10 bucks each...but will they work with my Panasonic player?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2002 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 4
Based on my experience, they are the same. I've used Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, JVC, Kenwood chargers to charge Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Sanyo, Kenwood gumsticks, and they all charge properly.

In my opinion the Sony chargers do less of a good job than the others, but that's a really really PMSsy bias on my part
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by leon
Based on my experience, they are the same. I've used Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, JVC, Kenwood chargers to charge Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Sanyo, Kenwood gumsticks, and they all charge properly.

In my opinion the Sony chargers do less of a good job than the others, but that's a really really PMSsy bias on my part
smily_headphones1.gif

True. Sony's built-in chargers tend to severely overcharge the gumstick batteries. The one in my D-EJ1000 is the worst offender: It tends to run a lot longer than Sony's 3-hour charging time claim - and the charged batteries became too hot to the touch. On the other hand, the charger in Panasonic PCDPs (including my SL-CT790) tends to be "smarter" at charge termination control than the charger in most other brands of PCDPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back