skipping problem
May 6, 2003 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

acerola

Head-Fier
Hey, my sony D-4 has a weird problem where on some cd's it will skip about ever half second constantly. For some reason if I pick it up and tilt it, it stops skipping. Another thing is some CD's will not skip once with it lying flat. I read another thread somewhere about this problem and I didn't really understand anything the people were saying. So then I took my D-4 apart and messed with it, but there really was nothing I could think of to do. After I put it back together it wouldn't even read CD's so i shook it really hard and threw it against my bed a few times and let it sit on my desk for a day. Then it worked again. Anyways, does anyone know how to fix this weird skipping problem?

May 6, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Lens focus...

One of the pots (501 ~ 504, I forget now) needs some adjustment... although you really need a scope, and a service manual to do it right
frown.gif

Good luck

May 6, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 4
A pot or potentiometer is a variable resistor.

A bit of friendly advice, as you needed to ask the question "What is a pot", i'd say it would be best if you left it well alone yourself and take it to someone who is qualified in this field.

Messing with adjustments inside equipment that you are not familiar with will surely end in you breaking it more than it already is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back