Single Pole Switches
Dec 30, 2008 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Relinquished

100+ Head-Fier
I have heard of these switches being able to short the circuit together so i can still use the mp3 without the amp.Anybody know what is it exactly called and how it works?also how can i implement this into my amp?

this is the current circuit of my Fiio E3 Mod Amp which i would like to implement that switch in if possible

2x AA battery -----LED --- Switch ---- Fiio e3
-------------------------------------------

Its a pretty simple circuit.The switch that im using is a normal switch that if turned off the whole amp is cut off so no music can pass through.I would like to replace that with a single pole switch if possible.But im not sure how they work,thus this thread.

I hope i can get some help here .Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquished /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard of these switches being able to short the circuit together so i can still use the mp3 without the amp.Anybody know what is it exactly called and how it works?also how can i implement this into my amp?

this is the current circuit of my Fiio E3 Mod Amp which i would like to implement that switch in if possible

2x AA battery -----LED --- Switch ---- Fiio e3
-------------------------------------------

Its a pretty simple circuit.The switch that im using is a normal switch that if turned off the whole amp is cut off so no music can pass through.I would like to replace that with a single pole switch if possible.But im not sure how they work,thus this thread.

I hope i can get some help here .Thanks!
beerchug.gif

What you are talking about seems to be a SPDT switch. However, I don't think that'll work for you, because the switch regulates current flow from the battery. If you want it to turn on your amp, then in the off position of a SPDT switch it will direct the current somewhere else. You might be able to rig something with the double pole switch, with one side controlling the power and the other side controlling a bypass feature.

I'm not sure what your motivations are, why can't you just plug your headphones directly into your source?

Dec 30, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 4
I see what you're trying to do...but it might just be easier, as Logistic, suggested to just disconnect your amp and plug ur phones directly into the source. IF you must have pass thru ability...you would probably need a much more complex switching circuit, which is beyond my knowledge.

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 4
hmm.from feedbacks i got elsewhere they asked me to use triple throws

Users who are viewing this thread

Back