Silver plated copper vs pure copper cables
Dec 17, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #16 of 19
Hello I have a Denon D600. I bought one of those cheap Chinese silver plated cables on EBay and it improved openness, transparency and clarity. My 2 cents.

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #17 of 19
Never thought much of plated anything. Have pure silver type 6 ritz and cryogenically frozen pure copper, like em both, ones for detail one helps with the thump.

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #18 of 19
[Necro sry]

I'm sort of a newbie, but I bought/used a simple 2-core pure copper cable (which seemed to be single filament), then tried the 8-core SPC cable off a Tinhifi T3, which immediately sounded muddy and bright. Caveat is other factors in the transmission were also different. Given the choice I'll be on pure copper though.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #19 of 19
As some have said, quality of the material used is important. Then litz is better than single stranded. IMO I prefer the hybrid cables, occ copper and pure silver together for the best details and frequency response.
If you want the best you don't have to pay a thousand bucks (like many boutique sellers charge), though. Spend a couple or three hundred on Norne Audio cables and have a work of art that also sounds amazing-
that said, I can't see it helping much if the cans themselves cost less than that. I don't see anything wrong with dropping a few hundred to pair with Flagship cans, though- especially since most of the time the provided cables are crap.

Attachments

• image_2024-01-26_214736851.png
    image_2024-01-26_214736851.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back